Just off of the Sky

madthumper

This was my first time on the Sky. I was quite impressed with the ship considering her age and size. We had 3 adults in a superior inside cabin. I would recommend only 2 adults for this cabin. The sofa bed when folded out blocked off the entire room from the restroom and front door. You had to climb over the sofa bed to use the restroom in the middle of the night. The only way to fix this is to move the main bed all the way against the wall and squeeze the sofa bed between the wall and the main bed. This would allow you to slide out of the bottom of the bed. My wife went to guest services and asked if we could upgrade to a larger room but was advised the ship was full but they would keep us in mind. On our second night when we came back on the ship from Nassau we had a message to call guest services. They had another inside stateroom clear and transferred our son to that cabin with no additional costs. Sorry for being so long but reading all the negatives on this board I thought it would be refreshing to post a happy ending.

That was nice of them. A hint for the future- try to book a cabin that holds 4, then you will probably have a pullman that folds down from the wall eliminating the need to use the sofa bed (we have to use both as there are 4 of us in the cabin). How was the entertainment onboard?

This was the first time I ever used the cruise consultant for the cruise line. She advised me that the " Superior Inside Cabin " was large enough for 3. The guest service agent on the ship even said that most of the " consultants " are not familiar with the exact room layouts or sizes. The entertainment was good, they had a great comedian Rick Kappuar on board and the C.D. Matt Baker was fantastic. The adult game show "Quest" was probably the raunchiest I've seen on the different 3 cruise lines that I have sailed. If you're not easily offended by sexual actions don't miss it but definitely keep the kids away. The only down side was that there were more hip hop D.J.'s playing music on the deck then the regular island band but I'm assuming that was because of the spring breakers, but I would definitely take the sky again for a weekend getaway.

Thanks for the quick review. We were in a Superior Inside cabin (7316) last February and really like the cabin, but there were only two of us. We had so much fun on the ship and really liked the layout and the size of the ship. The itinerary was fun, and there were lots of entertainment. The shows were fun and we were scandalized by the Quest game, but it was so funny to see what alcohol and relaxation will do to seemingly conservative people!

Glad you liked the Sky. I also loved the Sky. You should post a full review in the cruise review section. The Sky seems to get beat up a bit in those reviews. Not sure why. I think because it is the most inexpensive cruise and people expect something more.

To answer someone's question about entertainment on the ship, that is one area that I was not crazy about. The cruise is short so they are not going to book a Vegas style act. The entertainment is not horrilbe but that was the only weak part of the cruise. The theater is the only part of the Sky that I dont like.

The comedian was not funny but I think that has changed since January. The newlywed game is always a hit on every cruise though. They have the White Party too for those that want to act crazy and dance in a line LOL.

You stop at a port every morning so I did not stay out late because we were up early every morning for a yummy breakfast before getting off on our excursion.

This was the first time I ever used the cruise consultant for the cruise line. She advised me that the " Superior Inside Cabin " was large enough for 3. The guest service agent on the ship even said that most of the " consultants " are not familiar with the exact room layouts or sizes. The entertainment was good, they had a great comedian Rick Kappuar on board and the C.D. Matt Baker was fantastic. The adult game show "Quest" was probably the raunchiest I've seen on the different 3 cruise lines that I have sailed. If you're not easily offended by sexual actions don't miss it but definitely keep the kids away. The only down side was that there were more hip hop D.J.'s playing music on the deck then the regular island band but I'm assuming that was because of the spring breakers, but I would definitely take the sky again for a weekend getaway.

I am guessing that you were on the March 15th cruise since you mentioned spring breakers, we were also on that cruise. And I was shocked to find out what the game show Quest was all about, we ended up joining on a team of 6 college girls, we are 2 couples in our late 50's, they needed to make a team so asked us to join. We really enjoyed the cruise.

I was on the 3/22 cruise. I saw shorts in both main dining rooms. The white hot party was on night 3 of our 4 night cruise. If you're sailing on any of the spring break cruises and plan on bringing soft drinks like my wife did expect to be called down to deck 3 for a search. My wife prefers coke products so she always packs a 12 pack for the room even though she buys the card for when we are on deck and never had a problem. This trip her bag was not at the room and there was a note that she had to come to deck 3. So here we are this 55 year old couple standing in line with all these mid 20 year olds watching them pull bottles of alcohol out of the bags and we're there for a twelve pack of diet cherry coke. I never felt older than at that moment.

I was on the 3/22 cruise. I saw shorts in both main dining rooms. The white hot party was on night 3 of our 4 night cruise. If you're sailing on any of the spring break cruises and plan on bringing soft drinks like my wife did expect to be called down to deck 3 for a search. My wife prefers coke products so she always packs a 12 pack for the room even though she buys the card for when we are on deck and never had a problem. This trip her bag was not at the room and there was a note that she had to come to deck 3. So here we are this 55 year old couple standing in line with all these mid 20 year olds watching them pull bottles of alcohol out of the bags and we're there for a twelve pack of diet cherry coke. I never felt older than at that moment.

Wow

That truly is a cruise experience to share. I can only imagine the amount of smuggled booze for spring break and then you have your diet cherry coke.

Thanks for sharing!

Archived