Pre-cruise hotel stay & transfers questions!

tsb702

Hey everyone,

So...I have been advised and decided to fly in the day before my cruise. I was planning on taking a red eye and just getting there early in the morning (6) but people were saying just fly in the day before. Now, i am planning on booking a flight that will bring us into Orlando @ 11pm.

- Can anyone recommend a good hotel close to the airport?

- Is it easy to catch a cab from the airport to a hotel? I'm not looking to rent a car.

- How does the transfer then work? Do I just tell my Carnival TA where we are staying and they pick us up from the hotel??

Thanks in advance!:o

Cabs will be plentiful to the airports....no need to rent a car.

You can ask Carnival what hotels they use, so that you'll be where the shuttle goes....they usually have a time set for pick-up...11am or around then.

Looking for the same information, so, hopefully someone replies to us--lol!

LOL! ~ I am learning sooo much during this adventure of planning this cruise. Last time I had a travel agent. This time, I thought I would try and save a few bucks and try it myself. So far, so good though! I will keep you updated ;)

Do a google search for hotels in the Orlando area. You can probably find a hotel that includes transfers to the hotel from the airport and transfers from the hotel to the port. Carnival charges $20 for one way.

We booked a hotel in Ft.Lauderdale and have transfers from airport, hotel and cruise port and hot breakfast included in our price.

The Hyatt is in the airport. Many cheaper near the airport. Most of these have free transfers to and from the airport to the hotel. Check out the Florida departure board thread. Couple of years ago we came in late and stayed at a comfort suites.

Do a google search for hotels in the Orlando area. You can probably find a hotel that includes transfers to the hotel from the airport and transfers from the hotel to the port. Carnival charges $20 for one way.

We booked a hotel in Ft.Lauderdale and have transfers from airport, hotel and cruise port and hot breakfast included in our price.

If I remember correctly, the port is about 45 minutes (ish) from the airport. When I looked last year, none of the hotels I looked at had a shuttle to the port.

OP, how many people are in your party? I cruised solo last year on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral and flew in the night before. I took the free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. In the morning, I took the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and then boarded the Carnival transportation to the port. It was a piece of cake! I want to say that the transfer to the port from the airport was $70/round trip.

I have used CCL bus transfers in the past. I have not sailed out of Orlando, but I have to tell you that I am going to use cabs or car service in the future. I hate having to wait on a bus until it fills up, then having stops at other locations before getting to the ship.

As long as you are not looking at an hour drive to the port, I would use a cab. IMHO

In terms of transfer costs, it really depends on how many of you there are. If just two, a cab might be the best bet (or renting a car one way each way). It is about 45 minutes away. The Florida departure board has many suggestions.

I have used CCL bus transfers in the past. I have not sailed out of Orlando, but I have to tell you that I am going to use cabs or car service in the future. I hate having to wait on a bus until it fills up, then having stops at other locations before getting to the ship.

As long as you are not looking at an hour drive to the port, I would use a cab. IMHO

Same here and I agree. I like cruising with Carnival, but do not like to use their transfers or excursions.

Elsie:cool:

Archived