Explorer of the seas Interior State room<

Although I do not plan on being in my room very long, I have the ability to uprgrade my room for my trip in may and was wondering what the interior state rooms on this ship are like and if they are really crammed or able to be dealt with, being as I will only sleep and shower there, at least those are my intentions. Most of the pictures on the RCCL site do not give it a good justice (in my opinion anyways) where you cannot really tell how bad or good it is going to be. :)

Although I do not plan on being in my room very long, I have the ability to uprgrade my room for my trip in may and was wondering what the interior state rooms on this ship are like and if they are really crammed or able to be dealt with, being as I will only sleep and shower there, at least those are my intentions. Most of the pictures on the RCCL site do not give it a good justice (in my opinion anyways) where you cannot really tell how bad or good it is going to be. :)

OV is about 20 square feet larger than interior. You are not going to feel those feet unless you have three or four in the cabin.

If you think that not being able to see outside will bother you, then upgrade. If it's only for the space, save money.

Best source of pictures: webshots

The picture is VERY representative of what you will get...the interior cabins are not big by any means. If there are only 2 of you, it's doable...I would NEVER put more than 2 in one of the smaller cabins...although, others do it all the time.

As long as you don't plan on using the room for more than sleeping, changing and showering, you'll be fine. It's definitely not a place you'll want to "hang out" for long periods!

I am booked on the Explorer in April. There will be four of us and we have an inside cabin. I've stayed in inside cabins many times with sometimes one other person but at other times three other people. I would say that most inside cabins are small but it is what you make it...sleep and shower!! :)

I am booked on the Explorer in April. There will be four of us and we have an inside cabin. I've stayed in inside cabins many times with sometimes one other person but at other times three other people. I would say that most inside cabins are small but it is what you make it...sleep and shower!! :)

We had our first inside on the Explorer last year. We rather liked it, it was cozy and the darkness allowed us to sleep in. We were going to do another inside on our next cruise (Mariner) but the balconies were so reasonable we decided to do our first balcony. (we had always before had ocean views)

I had my first inside cabin this past December. Our previous two cruises were both balconies. We are in the minority, but we actually preferred the inside cabin over the balcony cabins. We found the inside cabin to be quieter and we also got a better sleep due to how dark the room is at night.

We spend very little time in our cabin anyways so we'd rather put the extra money towards other aspects of the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

We had an inside on the Enchantment this past November. It was our first cruise and i was worried that no window would make me claustrophobic. It was the exact opposite! We also felt cozy and loved the darkness, we slept great! We are going on the Explorer next January an did book a promenade stateroom which will have a window. We don't spend much time in the cabin and if we do feel like sitting by the balcony we go on deck. I feel I can treat myself a little more when we shop because I didn't kill the budget on the cabin!

I was in an inside cabin on Explorer and it was fine for two. I also would not try and put more than 2 in the cabin. There was a couch in the room, so it wasn't as tight as you would think.

I have pictures:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561630920SCVXTK

In front of the beds on the right side was a couch that sits two people.

I stayed in an interior on the Christmas/New Years Cruise on the Explorer as the price was quite high. Since I need total darkness to sleep it was wonderful. For 2 people I thought it was fine. There is enough room to walk to the bathroom from each side of the bed if they're together and then there is a loveseat to sit on and watch TV if one is showering or getting ready. If you want to save money - it's a great room.

Archived