Carnival Dream March 20th Sailing

sunlover5

Just got back and thought I would post a few things about the Dream that many and I had questions about.

There were 4 of us traveling together.

Food: Absolute best we have ever had on a cruise. This included dining room, deli, burgers, everything.

My sister and DH did the steak house and said it was excellent.

Lines in Lido, deli, were no longer than any other cruise. We did not feel it was crowded at all and we sailed full. 4400 people!!

The sewer smell was there......everywhere!! Worse of any ship we have been on. When I walked in the track and the last sea day when we played putt putt it was terrible. We were on Deck 7 and we were in an aft wrap. Everytime we walked to the back elevator and got to the cabins toward the end....the smell was awful. If they had that problem in their cabins I would not be happy. We did speak to a family that had the cabin with the 2 bathrooms and could not use one shower that it stunk so bad. They called maintenance & they said nothing could be done. We did not smell it back by our cabin. We smelled it on all different decks, at different times during the day too.

Our cabin was aft 7454. Very disappointed. The room was fine. No problems there, but the deck was definitely not worth the $$. My sister and her DH had the L-shaped beside us (# 7448). Definitely I would get that cabin. At an 8B price that deck was worth it.

Staff was excellent. We did anytime dining and requested the same team. Only time we needed a pager and had a long wait was the first elegant night.

Never had a problem finding a sun lounger. We were up and out by 9 am.

Lots of chairs being saved. Seems there were some always open. Last sea day we went out by the aft pool. That was nice.

Slides were a lot of fun.

What shows we saw were good. We loved the comedy clubs. Todd was ok as a CD. Nothing great, 2nd time we have had him and no improvement from the last time.

Embarkation/Debarkation great at Port Canaveral. They know what they are doing there!! Very easy, efficient.

All in all a great cruise.

sunlover,

I was on the same sailing and had a noise issue and was told the same thing "nothing can be done". I did smell the odor on Deck 2 and Lido, hopefully they can get that fixed because it would be a shame to have a brand new ship ruined.

We were on the "inaugural sailing" from NY in Nov. and had aft wrap 7459 so were at the other side from you. I had read about the "smell issues" even before WE sailed, but we didn't experience that. Would never spend the $ fot this category cabin again either. We are used to the aft wraps on spirit class and DEFINITELY spoiled. Balcony and ESPECIALLY the cabin just weren't worth the extra $. But we had a great cruise! ;):D

Archived