Thomson Destiny - Bar Menu

Hi All

Hope everyone is well and having a fab weekend :)

I have been trying to find a bar menu for the Destiny, but without any success :rolleyes:

Could someone please advise where I can find this - its getting a tad frustrating :eek: ;)

Hi have a look here at John's post on the thread. Post No.9 I think. It has links to the bar menu, but it's from 2009. So the prices might be a bit out if you've not got A.I. drinks package

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008205&highlight=destiny+drinks+menu

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn (again) ;)

Thank you for this - its a great help - its the first time I am doing an AI package - as being solo and didnt want to have a big bill at the end of it - and worked out it would be cheaper - as drinks during the day as well - I was just trying to find out if there are any drinks I would like, but would incurr an extra charge - so thank you - this is very helpful :D

Thanks for the link, there should be enough on there to keep me going for a fortnight even if the cocktail selection is a lot smaller than on Celebration.

My normal combination of beer and Tequila Sunrises plus the occasional G&T is on the AI so no problems if I can avoid what I did last cruise and don't buy premium beers instead of the free stuff :D

Thanks for the link, there should be enough on there to keep me going for a fortnight even if the cocktail selection is a lot smaller than on Celebration.

My normal combination of beer and Tequila Sunrises plus the occasional G&T is on the AI so no problems if I can avoid what I did last cruise and don't buy premium beers instead of the free stuff :D

Haha, and there was me thinking I was the alcoholoic :p

I do agree though - this is the first time I have done an AI - just printed off the menu - and I will be a happy bunny!! I do like Baileys though - so will probably treat myself to one or two - but even there are quite a few cocktails I like and of course not forgetting the soft drinks ;)

Haha, and there was me thinking I was the alcoholoic :p

I do agree though - this is the first time I have done an AI - just printed off the menu - and I will be a happy bunny!! I do like Baileys though - so will probably treat myself to one or two - but even there are quite a few cocktails I like and of course not forgetting the soft drinks ;)

I think we all are... Hic....:D

That's why there's so much discussion on here about drinks packages.

Don't ignore the non alcoholic cocktails though, the ones we had on the Island escape where very nice and handy to keep you going through the day so you don't get blotto too early.

Berwyn

I think we all are... Hic....:D

That's why there's so much discussion on here about drinks packages.

Don't ignore the non alcoholic cocktails though, the ones we had on the Island escape where very nice and handy to keep you going through the day so you don't get blotto too early.

Berwyn

Yes, think there is much speculation about the AI drinks package. I worked out that I would be better off having this, as would be drinking during the day and night, therefore would not have any drinks costs at the end of it - not like last time :eek: There are a fair few on there I can drink and must admit - never tried the non-alcoholic cocktails - so will take your advice and try a few. Although during the day I tend to drink lime and lemonde - find it quite refreshing, gets me ready for the evening :D

Yes, think there is much speculation about the AI drinks package. I worked out that I would be better off having this, as would be drinking during the day and night, therefore would not have any drinks costs at the end of it - not like last time :eek: There are a fair few on there I can drink and must admit - never tried the non-alcoholic cocktails - so will take your advice and try a few. Although during the day I tend to drink lime and lemonde - find it quite refreshing, gets me ready for the evening :D

We went with Royal Caribbean last June, cost of drinks was horrendous compared to Thomson's. Beer £5 a pint + 15% tip added to each drinks bill.:eek:

We don't normally drink spirits and found we didn't like the spirits in some of the cocktails. Now give me a box of Italian Red wine and lie me down under the tap with my mouth open and that's a different story :D

Berwyn

We went with Royal Caribbean last June, cost of drinks was horrendous compared to Thomson's. Beer £5 a pint + 15% tip added to each drinks bill.:eek:

We don't normally drink spirits and found we didn't like the spirits in some of the cocktails. Now give me a box of Italian Red wine and lie me down under the tap with my mouth open and that's a different story :D

Berwyn

Hahha, the latter really made me laugh - now that I could really imagine :eek: luckily for me, I do not like red wine - have the odd glass or white - but tend not to drink much of it cause it either makes me fall asleep or I go really stupid - which of those do you think it would be :rolleyes:

Blimey - 15% - Jesus - I thought my last invoice was bad enough but to have 15% added to that - thats the reason why I do not sail with her, lol ;)

Just imagine on a drinks bill - what that 15% could buy you - yep some further drinks, haha :D

Hahha, the latter really made me laugh - now that I could really imagine :eek: luckily for me, I do not like red wine - have the odd glass or white - but tend not to drink much of it cause it either makes me fall asleep or I go really stupid - which of those do you think it would be :rolleyes:

Blimey - 15% - Jesus - I thought my last invoice was bad enough but to have 15% added to that - thats the reason why I do not sail with her, lol ;)

Just imagine on a drinks bill - what that 15% could buy you - yep some further drinks, haha :D

If you're like me, it's both :D , that's before I get to the falling over bit.

Yes, we weren't too popular with the bar staff at first, we'd bought a soda package for Coke products and they didn't get a tip on that. But we got fed up drinking Coke, Sprite etc. It was the driest holiday we'd had :(

We shouldn't have been with them, we were going with the Island escape's sister ship Island star before Thomsons took Island Cruises over. So we lost the cruise in the takeover and it was the nearest cruise with similar ports at the same dates. We should have waited taken the refund and booked with Thomson's even if we had to do the ports in 2 cruises and change holiday dates in work.

Sorry that was long winded.

Berwyn

I can highly recommend dacquiris (sp?) the waiter asked if I wanted it with or without alcohol (as if!!!) There was so much bacardi in there - I had to order a 2nd to check it was the same!!!:rolleyes:

Don't forget there is a cocktail of the day which is different and is not on the cocktail menu - but is included in the AI package.

Ann

I can highly recommend dacquiris (sp?) the waiter asked if I wanted it with or without alcohol (as if!!!) There was so much bacardi in there - I had to order a 2nd to check it was the same!!!:rolleyes:

Don't forget there is a cocktail of the day which is different and is not on the cocktail menu - but is included in the AI package.

Ann

Hiya Ann

I will decline that offer as I do not like Baccardi, lol - but guess you enjoyed them, hehe.

Thats very true - forgot about Cocktail of the Day - they were quite nice too :D

The nice thing about the A.I. package is that you can try drinks you wouldn't normally because it won't cost you any more and you won't waste your money if you don't like them. I really liked the strawberry daquiries and the mojitos. The non-alcoholic cocktails are refreshing during the daytime or to help pace yourself at night!

Carol x

Archived