Paying deposit with Jolly Mon

coast2coast

Hi!

For those of you who have sailed with Jolly Mon (or other charters) is it normal for them to require you to pay 1/2 of excursion for deposit by check? I would much prefer to pay by Visa as it's easier to deal with, but she's requesting a check. The check would not be deposited until after we sail. Is this a normal requirement? Just wondering, and didn't want to feel "paranoid". :confused: Thanks!

We did it last year and it wasn't that big of a deal. She did not deposit the check until after we sailed. She gave us the option of paying for it all in cash when we sailed but I think I opted to let her deposit the check and just paid the difference in cash.

It was a fabulous excursion. You will reall enjoy your day!

Thank you, Wendy!

That relieves my fears! I assumed it wouldn't be a problem otherwise I'm sure I would have read about it on Cruise Critic. Guess I just wanted some reassurance as I've never paid for an excursion before by check.

Looking forward to the excursion!

We're doing this in May. We'll probably follow Wendy and just pay the difference in cash. It'll save some cash for St Maarten the next day:)

While it may seem easier to do it via cc, if something happens and you have to cancel, you're not emailing back and forth trying to get your cc credited for the refund.

• 1 month later...

Not a problem with mailing a check. She did not deposit our check before our sail. In fact we sailed last week and it has not cleared yet. We paid the balance at the end of the sail in cash. There were 4 of us that went out.

I can't say enough good things about Gayle and her daughter, Sarah, on the Jolly Mon. We went out last Wednesday 5/5/10 on a half day sale and had a great time. Gayle is a very good captain and Sarah spent about an hour in the water with us explaining all the things we saw as we snorkeled off Buck Island with the sea turtles.

On the way home we had snacks and rum punch (Jolly Juice).

What is really nice is that she picks you up at the pier at the front of the ship. (No cab ride) We had planned to contact each other by cell phone when we arrived but my phone was dead. Gayle was still there on time to pick us up. The Jolly Mon was anchored right beside the ship so we could see it as we pulled in.

Contact Gayle at: svjollymon@hotmail.com

Her website is www.jollymonstthomas.com

Archived