Cabin choice for cruise to Venice

StLucia

We are about to book a cruise to Venice for 2011, on either Azura or Eclipse, I'd appreciate the help of those of you who have been on this cruise. For the best views sailing into Venice would we be better with a port or starboard balcony.

Thanks for your help.

I'm sailing on Azura this July and Venice is a port of call. After asking the same question I booked a starboard balcony cabin. ;) People have suggested having breakfast delivered to your cabin that morning and eating it on the balcony so as not to miss this wonderful sail in! :)

It doesn't really matter because starboard will be facing St Marks square etc on the way in ....and port will be facing on the way out !!!!! ~We will be cruising there on Eclipse later this year in a Starboard balcony cabin !

It really doesn't matter cos as someone has said what you miss on the way in, you catch on the way out!

We've sailed into ( and out of) Venice twice and the best views are to be had on the open decks at the top of the ship - towards the front where you can get a more panaoramic view.

Hi Janet,

Whats this more cruise bookings!!! LOL!!

We have cruised both in and out of Venice and like other people have said you get the views whatever port or starboard. Going in or coming out.

But like other have said also the best views are from the front of the ship, but you will have to be up early.

Hope you find what your looking for and have a great cruise.

We will be in Venice on Azura in June this year and we have a starboard balcony.

Rex

Thank you everyone for your help. As you can see we have booked on Celebrity Eclpise, £600pp cheaper than Azura, so it was an easy choice. We have been offered a lovely position on the starboard on the hump so we will have to get up early. We will probably go on deck for the sailaway.

If you have any tips for Venice Rex please let me know.

Janet

It is Starboard in port out, BUT if you are on 1st sitting you may miss some of the sail out as you have to get ready for dinner....

So Starboard is the best choice,we watched it from the privacy of the balcony in, - also its about 6 30am in the morning so no need to get dressed, (put a robe on!!) on deck is fine too but can become crowded in places. We went on deck at sail out as we were obviously then on the wrong side for the balcony.

Hi Janet!

You have made a really good choice! Obviously it depends on your sail times but we boarded in venice then sailed out the next day at around 15.00...we had a starboard side cabin and the views were amazing!!!

I'm happy to post some pics but don't want to ruin the moment for you!!!!

All of that side of the ship was packed in preperation for the sail away so it's great to have a balcony.

I'm sailing on eclipse 29th April:D so will be happy to answer an questions you may have about the ship.

Tracey

Thank you everyone for your help. As you can see we have booked on Celebrity Eclpise, £600pp cheaper than Azura, so it was an easy choice. We have been offered a lovely position on the starboard on the hump so we will have to get up early. We will probably go on deck for the sailaway.

If you have any tips for Venice Rex please let me know.

Janet

I don't know if you know this, but if you decide on Azura, try to get a cabin on C deck. Reason? - the balconies are twice the size of those on the decks above. The distance from the cabin to the rail is double, and part of it is shaded, part open. Great balconies. I'd rather have a C deck balcony on the wrong side than a Riviera, A or B deck balcony on the right side.

As regards Eclipse, there are some larger balconies, generally on the angles on the sides of the hump; for full details of which they might be, check the Celebrity forum. We had a non-hump balcony on Vista deck on Solstice, which was OK except that we had a great big tender just below us when we looked out. If you choose a hump balcony, or one fore or aft, there are no tenders/boats below you.

OMG.....I didn't know this and am booked on Azura in October....thrilled to see I'm on C deck, Thank you for this!!!

:D:D:D

I don't know if you know this, but if you decide on Azura, try to get a cabin on C deck. Reason? - the balconies are twice the size of those on the decks above. The distance from the cabin to the rail is double, and part of it is shaded, part open. Great balconies. I'd rather have a C deck balcony on the wrong side than a Riviera, A or B deck balcony on the right side.

As regards Eclipse, there are some larger balconies, generally on the angles on the sides of the hump; for full details of which they might be, check the Celebrity forum. We had a non-hump balcony on Vista deck on Solstice, which was OK except that we had a great big tender just below us when we looked out. If you choose a hump balcony, or one fore or aft, there are no tenders/boats below you.

Archived