Travel Insurance

Luvtoeat

We use CSA seems to be the best for the money.:)

Best for the money is subjective. There are differences between all the policies and a key here is to understand the different things you want to insure against and see which covers those concerns.

A good place to start is insuremytrip.com. We usually buy the Celebrity insurance as we figure we have several risks of cancellation that would not be covered and the Celebrity insurance offers a 70% future cruise credit if you cancel for an uninsured reason. If this isn't a concern then some of the third party policies are either less expensive or offer better coverage in areas such as medical or evacuation. Bottom line is to determine what is important to you and shop around.

If you are concerned with a pre-existing illness of you or even a non-traveling relative then do consider the coverages offered for pre-existing conditions which vary both by policy and often depend on when the policy is purchased.

We have used AccessAmerica and have been very impressed with their service. We were medically evacuated from the Caribbean back to Miami - they arranged it all. I will never cruise without this insurance.

We always use Global Travel Shield ;which is underwritten by American Express .Not only is it important to understand what company (financial strength ) under writes the ins policy ;but ,as said earlier each ins company has fine print which is important to read. We use this company for several reasons :

.if we cancel our cruise before final payment or even up to the daye of the cruise we can get a 100% cash refund against our credit card.

.They will only insure a pax medically up to 31 days (we buy the American Express yearly medical plan which gives us $100,000 medical ,$100,000 medical evacuation --very important & $100,000 accidental dimemberment ins @ very inexpensive costs ) .It also insures you once you are 150 miles from home

.We used them several times & once hospitalized in Rome ,Italy .They came through with flying colors & I have collected every penny .Our medical (no med vac) was over $25000

We don't travel outside the USA with out being insured with global Travel Shield

We recently traveled from DC to Florida at the beginning of the February snow storms and had to change all of our flight arrangements. We submitted our paperwork to TravelGuard and they paid us in about 3 weeks. Would definitely use them again.

I am currently shopping around for travel insurance. I appreciate this post. I am reading the fine print, and one company I was looking to do business with, Travelex, appears to excludes underwater activities. We will be diving, so back to the drawing board. One other company, I believe Travel Safe but they're all starting to blur together, covers incidents for scuba above 130 ft (excluding diving 130ft and more).

I am also looking for primary coverage, but not a deal breaker. It seems most are secondary. Travelex seems to be very affordable and offers primary coverage, but again, I'd hate to get hurt while diving and have it all excluded. Just my two cents, and I look forward to hearing other's opinions and recommendations.

Our group of 8-10 has purchased Travel Insured several times and one person out of the group has filed a claim for shipboard medical services on each of 3 trips--paid promptly without hassle. We buy our insurance through tripinsurancestore.com--great to deal with, responsive to questions before or after purchase.

If you use Costco Travel for initial or transferred booking you can buy it's Trip Protection policy within a week.

It is with Berkely as is Celebrity's but the coverage is

better I found and policy less expensive. Big advantage is that preexisting conditions can be covered when that otherwise would not be the case. Most policies require purchase within 2 weeks of any original booking.

NOTE: In October Costco stopped selling policies to residents of CA and several other states for some reason.

I have had a claim with Travel Guard. It was processed and I received full payment in two weeks after I submitted my claim!

I used Berkley in the past on many occasions. I had one claim and it took over six months to receive the payment. I would not hesitate to use Travel Guard again.

We always buy insurance for the cruises right after we book them each time during the year.

Many factors are there to consider.

1.) Always Buy a PRIMARY POLICY.

2.) Make sure the firm is in great financial health in your state of residence. ( This may vary by state )

3.) Compare all the policies and/or firms which interest you and your needs.

4.) READ, READ and Re-Read everything as it is for you and your interests. Your paying them..eh..

5.) With added ages comes higher premiums. And yes too you do get what you pay for.

We always use the largest FREE DATA Base available to compare what is there to choose from.

That is a firm which does policies as well for pple not only the USA here but across the pond too..

It is squaremouth.com/20110

squaremouthDOTCom/20110

Or call them as there site shows Toll Free at Ref Code: 20110

1 (800) 240-0369

They explain everything online and on the landline very easily and well.

I just bought our six polices online for our next ship-trip now.

Claims as others have shown here pay quickly and well. I presume they had a Primary Policy in coverages also.;)

I'm looking at a policy from Travel Insured International. Has anyone used this company before and if so would greatly appreciate any comments if you had to file a claim.:)

We always use Travel Insured through USAA. In our late 30s with a child and always insure we cover our entire amount of coverage and the cost is in the low $100s. Going through USAA provides a bit of a discount. This is for their standard (not lite) protection. I haven't had to file a claim with them, but once we booked a trip and had to cancel early (no claim necessary) and we were able to transfer the amount we paid for insurance to a trip a year later. No problems at all.

Archived