Handicapped Parking in Fort Lauderdale

PoJackson

Does anyone know the procedure for handicapped parking in Fort Lauderdale and also if there is a fee for handicapped parking ?

Thanks

HC parking is free at the Port of Miami. In Ft. Lauderdale you pay the same as everyone else; $15/day.

I believe it is free if you have a vehicle that's equipped with a ramp or elevator for a wheelchair. Not 100% sure of this, but in Florida I think those are the rules.

I stand corrected, if this is so. Though there is no free parking in FLL for just having a HC tag.

We were most recently in Fort Lauderdale last November. We have two cars, an SUV with a lift for my large rascal scooter and a prius which is unaltered (unlike our pets). We chose to take the Prius from NC to Fla. I also took my lightweight travelscoot scooter. I took pictures of the SUV with the scooter loaded on the lift as well as my H/C registration. It didn't make a difference. We paid the $15.00 per day charge even after asking to speak with a supervisor. We did not have a lift equipped vehicle with us and the H/C placard is insufficient. We did park in a H/C spot near the elevator. The spot was covered and the car was just as we left it when we returned a week later.

Archived