Open Bar Card and Official CC Cruises

gill_boo

Very relaxed I bet. Drink, fall down, get up and drink some more and never have to even consider the bill. The perfect stress free cruise.

drunk01%20(Custom).gif

I bet in some wierd twist of fate I end up drinking less because im so relaxed. Ive never been one to get fall down drunk, but I sure do get as close as I can

In Oct I was told it was $40 per day. We were on a 8 day cruise so it would have been $640 for the both of us. I like to drink and most times it is a beer. A bucket of 5 was $20 so I could buy 2 buckets a day. I know many may be able to drink more but that amounts to 10 per day. At 155 cal per beer that is 1550 cal per day on just beer. Not much left over for the other stuff. I know a lot of passengers don't care or worry about calories as it is obvious by looking at them but I do. I can't afford to buy new cloths or the medical bills that come from packing on the extra pounds.

That drink option may look fine but I don't know if many are willing to pay that much extra.

It is fine if you do not choose to use your calories via beverages, but for a week of vacation, I do not count the calories and it is NOT 'obvious by looking at me.' I don't think you need to imply anyone who would take advantage of a bar card is obese or a drunkard.

From the multiple, multiple posts on CC about rum runners, it seems there are easily 30 people who would pay the extra for the Open Bar Card. I am fortunate the two cruises I've been on and the third coming up next January included this bar card. It is the reason I even considered taking a cruise in the first place. I knew the price of a cruise was reasonable, but adding in the drinking worried me a bit, so we put off taking a cruise. The Open Bar Card is wonderful!!! We never had to worry about going over budget each time we enjoyed a bloody mary for breakfast or DOD by the pool or martini before dinner, wine during dinner, and a few drinks during evening entertainment. Plus, we are able to take shore excursions which feature the individuality of each port, not use the time to go to an AI to get cheap drinks as we know we can drink without paying out of pocket back at the ship. You can only get one drink on the card at a time, but if you stop at one bar on the way to another bar or drink slowly, it is possible to buy for friends. However, our whole group had the card so it didn't matter. Our regular bartenders knew we all had the card so let us get 4 drinks at a time on one card instead of all of us needing to sign the receipt, but that isn't a big deal either. Plus, the tips for the drinks are also included, so we got great service as the staff knew the more we drank the more tips they got and we weren't holding back because of the cost. If anyone can get 29 others to do this, it definitely makes the cruise experience less stressful if you enjoy beverages as I do while on vacation.

I bet in some wierd twist of fate I end up drinking less because im so relaxed. Ive never been one to get fall down drunk, but I sure do get as close as I can

In my case it would be "Falling down drunk.......Getting up puking!" No thanks! LOL

Archived