Open Bar Card and Official CC Cruises

gill_boo

Just my opinion. Because everyone in the group has to buy it and not everyone drinks booze or even sodas.

right but if those people don't want to drink then dont go on that group cruise. there are enough drinkers on CC that there wouldn't be a problem organizing enough people.

I do not think it is worth it unless you have 3 sea days.

It is $55 a day. You would need to have 5-6 drinks a day. For excursion days you will be drinking off the ship and may only have 2-3 drinks at night.

You are better off ordering a $0 bottle of rum or vodka from Bon Voyage and mixing drinks in your cabin.

I do not think it is worth it unless you have 3 sea days.

It is $55 a day. You would need to have 5-6 drinks a day. For excursion days you will be drinking off the ship and may only have 2-3 drinks at night.

You are better off ordering a $0 bottle of rum or vodka from Bon Voyage and mixing drinks in your cabin.

That makes me snicker.

Diane

You can speak for yourself on that one...:p:D Im glad when I have only 2-3 drinks with breakfast...:eek::p:rolleyes:

right but if those people don't want to drink then dont go on that group cruise. there are enough drinkers on CC that there wouldn't be a problem organizing enough people.

That might be considered discrimination by some of the more PC crowd here. Personaly sounds like the perfect solution to me. ;)

In Oct I was told it was $40 per day. We were on a 8 day cruise so it would have been $640 for the both of us. I like to drink and most times it is a beer. A bucket of 5 was $20 so I could buy 2 buckets a day. I know many may be able to drink more but that amounts to 10 per day. At 155 cal per beer that is 1550 cal per day on just beer. Not much left over for the other stuff. I know a lot of passengers don't care or worry about calories as it is obvious by looking at them but I do. I can't afford to buy new cloths or the medical bills that come from packing on the extra pounds.

The other is there are opportunities for discount drinks at the Captains Party, free drinks at the Past Guest Party and then more freebies at the Farewell Party. Plus when in port you can get cheap beers from the street vendors. If you go into a jewelry shop and look at some high end watches and precious stones they will also offer you "free" drinks to help loosen you up.

That drink option may look fine but I don't know if many are willing to pay that much extra.

hmmmmmm???? then why do I have one for an upcoming cruise?????

As far as I know the 'Open Bar and Wine' program is available to corporate incentive groups... 30 or more folks.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/carnivalmeetings/esales/SAMPLE_Open_Bar_and_Wine_Program_Contract_with_Beverage_Services_Menu_included.pdf

Did they recently reinstate the drinks card for individuals?

:confused:

As far as I know the 'Open Bar and Wine' program is available to corporate incentive groups... 30 or more folks.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/carnivalmeetings/esales/SAMPLE_Open_Bar_and_Wine_Program_Contract_with_Beverage_Services_Menu_included.pdf

Did they recently reinstate the drinks card for individuals?

:confused:

all it takes is a group of 30 or more to participate.....if kids are involved, they need to purchase the soda package, if cc would change their policy, I bet bookings would dramaticly increase.

thanks for that post.....that cleared up a question I had. I was wondering if people with the bar cards could buy drinks for others with the card...ya know, save a trip to the bar for a buddy or something.....looks like you can as long as they are in the area......awesome....drinks are on me!!!!

all it takes is a group of 30 or more to participate.....if kids are involved, they need to purchase the soda package, if cc would change their policy, I bet bookings would dramaticly increase.

Very cool... They must have changed the policy as they were pretty strict regarding who could/could not get these cards...

:)

Very cool... They must have changed the policy as they were pretty strict regarding who could/could not get these cards...

im looking forward to see how more relaxed my cruise will be with the card and not having to do the daily routine of checking my acct for errors or exceeding what I had budgeted for booze....

im looking forward to see how more relaxed my cruise will be with the card and not having to do the daily routine of checking my acct for errors or exceeding what I had budgeted for booze....

Hey royd... just curious... are you going with a "corporate" group, or just a group of 30 or more friends & family? Thanks!

Supposed to be available to "Corporate Incentive Groups" :confused: , but that doesn't mean they won't allow it for other groups.

Either way as far as liability is concerned it would be the same whether someone buys unlimited drinks or individual drinks - they can cut you off at any time! :eek:

Very relaxed I bet. Drink, fall down, get up and drink some more and never have to even consider the bill. The perfect stress free cruise.

drunk01%20(Custom).gif

Archived