Mobility on shore tours?

Hi everyone,

Just wondered how much walking, if any, is involved on the Yellow Tchou Tchou train tour in Noumea and the Noumea City & Surrounds tour?

In Vila, I am considering the Port Vila City Highlights or the Ultimate Port Vila Discovery tour. How much walking is involved in these too?

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

AA

AA

I have been on a "scenic drive" at Lifou - I don't know if it was the same one as you are talking about, but there aren't many places to go there, so it may be. On my drive, there was not a lot of walking - but the small vans that they used can be difficult to enter/get in and out of for people with restricted mobility. I think that regarding that, a lot will depend on the degree or type of physical disability.

Barry

Hi everyone,

Just wondered how much walking, if any, is involved on the Yellow Tchou Tchou train tour in Noumea and the Noumea City & Surrounds tour?

In Vila, I am considering the Port Vila City Highlights or the Ultimate Port Vila Discovery tour. How much walking is involved in these too?

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

AA

I have taken both my elderly parents on the chou chou in Noumea...very little walking...champagne and cake at scenic stop and it would be quite suitable for anyone with mobility problems.

On the tours you mention there is very little walking. The main thing would be getting out of the van/train/bus and walking a short distance to the lookout/church/or whatever.

At Noumea and Vila the ship docks at a wharf, but at Lifou everyone goes ashore by tender (ship's lifeboat). The crew are sensational at helping people board, and even people in wheelchairs are accommodated. They go down to deck 3 by the crew lift (instead of stairs) and when everyone else has boarded the tender, they are assisted into the central section just inside the door. There are around 12 fold-down seats there so anyone accompanying a disabled person can sit with them. At the other end, crew will assist again to help people off.

Oh sorry forgot to add that I am considering the Luecila Beach-Scenic Drive for Lifou. Does anyone know if the transportation is by bus or van?

Thanks again,

AA

In October last year it was a 45 seater school bus to Luecila beach.It's a bumpy 20min ride to the eat coast where you can get out, walk the beach (it is stunning) or swim/snorkel. If limited mobility is a worry, take a towel and sit on the grass near the bus. There are no shops there but the operators provide a bit of refreshment.

Enjoy your cruise,

Anna

Archived