Speak to me of ribs . . . bbq ribs

WayTooCool

Barbecued St Louis Style Spare Ribs

P1050220.JPG

P1100150.JPG

P1110754.JPG

They also have Braised Short Ribs from Aged Premium American Beef (boneless)

P1090015.JPG

P1120202.JPG

O YEAH!! I"m doin' ribs! Thanks, Sarge, for the pics -- now I know what to dream about!!

They are just okay.....but then again I visit Memphis each year and eat great ribs all week. I would suggest ordering them as a second entree' and splitting them with your spouse. That way you get to try them, but don't pass up an entree' that you might not see the rest of the week.

Leaving tommorrow on Spirit for family re-union, and just mentioned tonite at dinner table how we must order 3-4 plates of ribs just to pass around to one another , no matter what else each person orders , cuz the ribs, in my opinion are really good. For the posters talkin' smack about how good the southern ribs are, etc.....yah, but isn't the sushi, steaks, mac'n cheese. pancakes et. al. all better than carnival where ya'll come from? Yes it is, but for what Carnival pouts out for us to eat.....AHHHHH, those ribs.

Leaving tommorrow on Spirit for family re-union, and just mentioned tonite at dinner table how we must order 3-4 plates of ribs just to pass around to one another , no matter what else each person orders , cuz the ribs, in my opinion are really good. For the posters talkin' smack about how good the southern ribs are, etc.....yah, but isn't the sushi, steaks, mac'n cheese. pancakes et. al. all better than carnival where ya'll come from? Yes it is, but for what Carnival pouts out for us to eat.....AHHHHH, those ribs.

We also have better tea! ;)

Although I am not a big rib fan, my family loves them.

They all had them the first night and loved them.

My 14 year old daughter (just over a hundred pounds soaking wet) powered through them like she hadn't eaten for days.

On the last night ribs appeared on the menu again. This time she told the waiter "no appetizer, salad or soup - just two servings of ribs". Well once again she cleaned the plates!! The waiter came along - winked and offered a third. She politely said no:eek:.

You have to get them early on as most ships run a 9-day menu of sorts and they will have them the first day or two and then they won't unless you are on a 10-14 day cruise.

Huh? I believe the menus alternate every 7 days on Carnival unless you are on one or the longer cruises.

Both of our guys get them everytime ribs are on the menu. Usually one night off the nightly selections and another night from the alternative section of the menu. Like a couple little boys when they see the ribs. lol Have had them at least once even on the 5 day.

Enjoy!

Kat

The first photo above is evidence of my biggest gripe when ordering the ribs...the cole slaw is under the slab!!! By the time it gets to your table, warm slaw. Yecchhhh.

I second all the raves for the ribs, but chill the slaw please!

Agree!

Some people just don't know any better, bless their heart.

I think I like them because I dislike most US style BBQ - I find it overpowering, oversauced and most of all too SWEET. My father in law wants to take me out for Barbeque every time we visit Texas because he thinks Australians LOVE it, but what he doesnt understand is when Aussies talk about BBQ we mean what Americans call "grilling" and I can't stand the gooey, thick, brown sauce that seems to be synonymous with US BBQ.

I love ribs though and I enjoy the "understated" sauce on the ones Carnival offers - as someone else said, they aren't all heavy and gooey.

Archived