Baggage tags ! What is the problem

DonnasMom&Dad

I would suggest maybe that your father finds a good travel agent locally if this might be too much for him. The travel agent can print off all his documents, have the luggage tags and boarding pass ready for him, and probably discount his fare to save him a few bucks. There is no set rule that you have to book through Princess or do all this yourself, most travel agents would be happy for the business, and also happy to have this all ready for him to pick up. ;) Also, keep in mind, you don't really need a boarding pass to get onboard, and luggage tags can be picked up at the pier upon arrival. So, one of those ideas should solve your fathers problem.

Since most cruise lines are going to this method now, there is just no way around it, sorry!

For all the wonderful ideas about what to do with the new printable luggage tag scheme. Try explaining this to an 75+ year old traveler, who pays a small fortunate sometimes to take a cruise. Many of these older travelers barely know what a computer looks like. All the person cares about is smooth transition from home, to the airport, and onto the ship.

I occasionally travel with my 92 year old father who lives 1500 miles away from me. He's very capable of flying alone and walking onto a cruiseship. He's been on over 50 cruises in his later years. To him, he wants everything settled and as smooth as possible and expects it for what he pays. He just paid Princess over $10,000 to go on a cruise in 90 days. Suddenly he's faced with printing paper luggage tags on a computer. Even he knows that it's unlikely his bag will arrive safely and in the cabin after traveling 7000 miles to get to his destination.

Try explaining to a 92 year old how to print the tag, cut it to a certain dimension, laminate it, punch a hole in it, and secure to his luggage. Of course he can fill out the tag at the port after traveling 18 hours in coach class and while he's trying to hang onto his baggage, with a cane in one hand and search for a pen in the other.

After paying over $10,000 for a cruise, one would think that Princess could spend the extra buck or two providing it's passengers with the required luggage tags.

Enough said...

First said - what kind of a cruise did you book that cost $10,000? You must have booked a suite or a very long cruise. That said, if you haave a TA they will get the tags for you. If you booked with Princess call them and they will send the tags to you. If all else fails send me your booking number and name and I will print them outt and mail them.

Just returned from a cruise using the new tags. After printing them and folding as instructed I put a strip of clear packing tape on each side. I took a very small roll of the tape along and used it instead of staples when I put the tags on the bags. No problem at all, they are very sturdy that way. In fact they were a bit hard to get off when I was done with them.

Actually, the cruise cost for 2 is more like $13,000. For a standard balcony cabin, 18 days on the Ocean Princess, Dover to NYC. Ports include Iceland and Greenland. My Dad prefers to book the Princess Air, thus that adds to the cost. Believe me, the price is much better than through any other agency.

Other than that...quite standard.

I did ask my Princess Vacation Planner to send luggage tags. Not possible any longer.

I'm sure Dad could find a local travel agent...who would probably charge an additional 20 bucks just to print the docs.

I'll do it for him and send priority mail on my nickel...after I buy the laminating machine.

Brought a roll of scotch tape with me... placed the plain paper tags on the bags... then just wrapped the scotch tape arount the paper to secure up to the handle. Never came off and the bags made it to our cabin just fine! Even taped one on to a case of water and that was the first to arrive to our cabin way before our luggage!

For people who don't print tags at home for whatever reason, the porters at the pier have blank tags and you just write your name and cabin number on them.

That's exactly what we did one year when our luggage tags never arrived in the mail before our cruise.

So for our upcoming cruise, I will print tags out and use clear packing tape over the tags. If that does not look good enough for them..then I will ask the porter at the pier for a luggage tag and fill it out then and there. I will not make this 'tag thing' any harder or more expensive than it has to be. Cause they use plain luggage tags located with the porter all the time and luggage gets to cabins fine.

How about just folding them up as instructed and attach to your luggage?? Your idea is way too complicated and time consuming.....

I can't see what the problem seems to be with the new baggage tags' date=' that Princess Cruise line, and maybe others, have come out with. I was just able to download mine for our Alaska cruis[/i']e, 12 Nov. 2010.

Here is what I did, first I trimmed 1/4" off each side, then folded them on the edge of the coloured body of the tag, now you have a narrower tag. For the next step you either need a laminator, I have a 9" one I bought at WalMart for less than $30.00 CAD, otherwise take your tags to a printing shop, place one narrow tag on each side of a full size laminating pouch, leaving approx. 1/8 - 3/16" on the outside, allowing for adhetion on the outside of the pouch, then place a third one in the exact middle, here you can use paper clips, to hold the bottom of the tag and pouch, in place, as you feed the assembly into the laminator, removing the clips as your tags travel through the machine. After cooling, cut the tags apart, leaving a slight border of laminent on the sode of each tag. Now you can either staple the ends around the handle. or with a hole punch, for a perfect round hole, punch a hole in each end, and you can tie the tag with a plastic tie, aaround the handle

Whalah! Have fun, enjoy your cruises :o:D:)

Cato

Actually, the cruise cost for 2 is more like $13,000. For a standard balcony cabin, 18 days on the Ocean Princess, Dover to NYC. Ports include Iceland and Greenland. My Dad prefers to book the Princess Air, thus that adds to the cost. Believe me, the price is much better than through any other agency.

Current pricing per passenger for those who are not past passengers (not including air):

6/25/2010 $3999.00 + $248.64 Gvt. fees and taxes

6/20/2011 $5740.00 + $265.36 Gvt. fees and taxes

If you are booked for 2010, check with your agent about getting the current rate.

If you are booked for 2011, monitor pricing to catch any reduction in price before final payment.

I didn't want to get into the monetary details...but we're adding a 2 night pre-cruise hotel stay (per person) at the beginning. Plus Princess air...insurance...taxes...etc. All for a category BA balcony cabin. We're happy.

Archived