Ruins?

sjmarante

I'm traveling with a 4 year old and deciding if i should see the Mayan Ruins. Is there a lot of walking? I'm not sure if a 4 year old should go see ruins. Thanks!

Personally, I wouldn't take a 4 year old on a ruins tour. 1) its a long bus ride to any ruins site; 2) yes there is a lot of walking to see stuff; 3) 4 year olds won't understand the historical or cultural context of the ruins; 4) any whining will not be appreciated by others on the tour; 5) you won't have a good time or enjoy the tour if you are having to hover your child most of the time. Leave them on the ship in the children's camp for the day and go enjoy some time for yourself.

Personally, I wouldn't take a 4 year old on a ruins tour. 1) its a long bus ride to any ruins site; 2) yes there is a lot of walking to see stuff; 3) 4 year olds won't understand the historical or cultural context of the ruins; 4) any whining will not be appreciated by others on the tour; 5) you won't have a good time or enjoy the tour if you are having to hover your child most of the time. Leave them on the ship in the children's camp for the day and go enjoy some time for yourself.

Thanks 4 the advise. It really helps!

Archived