Have you ever cruised in early November?

lisabug08

The hubby and I are considering booking a cruise for our 20th anniverary, for next November. I was just wondering how the weather was.....coming off the end of "hurricane season" :) If we sail out of Miami, will it be warm or chilly? Eastern or Western caribbean better? I NEED it to be at least 80 degrees to consider it a real vacation - tee hee! TIA!

The hubby and I are considering booking a cruise for our 20th anniverary, for next November. I was just wondering how the weather was.....coming off the end of "hurricane season" :) If we sail out of Miami, will it be warm or chilly? Eastern or Western caribbean better? I NEED it to be at least 80 degrees to consider it a real vacation - tee hee! TIA!

It is still warm and above 80

Hi, we did the 6 day on Freedom last Nov 1. The weather is still hot in Fla. We only ran into a little rain one day (ocho rios). Was an absolute perfect week. We plan to do more cruises in that time of the year. As you probably already know, the prices are great. Enjoy your cruise.

I've sailed twice in November... once from Port Everglades and once from New York City. The cruise from Florida was wonderful despite a small cold front chasing us to the Bahamas. Temps in Nassau were about 68... 69 degrees. Not too bad.

The sailing from New York was a different matter... We encountered a Nor' easter that packed huge amounts of snow along the eastern seaboard and winds as high as 96 knots for us while we were at sea.

I'd think that my experience from Port Everglades would be pretty typical for that time of year. Go... have a great time!

:)

I have sailed many times in November. Great time of year to cruise. Also the prices are low. Florida seldom gets cold in Nov. As for which itin. to do...6 of 0ne half a dozen of the other. Love both....The ports in the eastern Caribbean and the western will be nice and warm.....

Congratulations!

We used to cruise for our anniversary in early November. (That was before we had a little one in school.) Always sailed out of Florida. The weather was always warm, but not hot, and not so gosh darned humid. ;)

I know hurricane season is "officially" through Nov. 30th, but I've never known a hurricane to hit that late in the season. What you WILL have to worry about are cold fronts.

Our last Nov. cruise, a cold front rolled through the last day we were at sea, and we got 12-foot swells. :eek: The ship was pitching and rolling all over the place, and a good percentage of the passengers, myself included, became sea sick. "Do Not Disturb" signs lined the corridors, and you could hear a cacophony of retching from behind the cabin doors.

We always cruise away from school break times and LOVE cruising in the fall. Prices are much cheaper because people shy away from hurricane season, but we always go with the anticipation that the ports or route might be changed and we are fine with that. Of all the times we have cruises during hurricane season, we had 1 rough sea day on the outskirts of a storm we went around and we arrived 2 hours late at one port. The weather is warm to us (NY) even in Feb. It is rainy season in the Caribbean so you might hit some rain on your island stops. Also if you book early saver rate and we are having a bad hurricane season, people get nervous and back out before final payment. This almost always gives us price reductions/upgrade shortly before the cruise. Just be prepared to be flexible. Always wonder about people who book during hurricane season for the great prices and then complain that they missed the port they took the cruise to see and are now angry. If you are booking to see a specific port, don't cruise during the time that runs the highest risk of changing the itinerary

We did a few years back. RT from San Juan. It rained almost everyday. But it was still fun!;)

We cruised out of Tampa last year November 1-8. I am very cold natured so I was thrilled that it was in the high 80's to 90's the day before our cruise and the day we left. The first sea day was gorgeous. We were in the hot tub by 9:00 a.m. - and I wouldn't be doing that unless it was WARM. I hate to be cold. The Caymans were beautiful - once again, very pleasant to be in the water snorkeling.

Then, we ran into Tropical Storm/Hurricane Ida and the next 3 days it rained. We still had a great time. We knew going in that we were at the end of hurricane season and we gambled and lost. It was still a great cruise.

Our first cruise was in the beginning of Nov. It was beautiful. We did hit some rougher waters, but not for more than 12-13 hours total. By the time we got up the next morning it's was peaceful and gorgeous. We were going to sail again this November (7 night), but me being pregnant made that a no-go so we're doing April instead. Much more expensive, but I'd rather take a 4 night cruise in April than no cruise at all!!

We went on Valor in November and I too was worried solely because people kept telling me about hurricane season but it was great! The weather we had was absolutely perfect. I actually found it to be more pleasant than the spring cruises we've taken where I begin to cook after being in the sun for more than 15 minutes. We're doing our first summer cruise since the kiddos are in school now and I'm gonna miss the more pleasant weather we experience cruising November-February.

We sailed on a Halloween cruise a few years ago - last few days of October and first few days of November. We did the Western route to Costa Rica and Panama. A late season hurricane kicked up in the Eastern Caribbean while we were out and caused some rocky seas even hundreds of miles away where we were but nothing too bad. Mainly a lot of side to side rolling and it was cloudy & rainy until we got to Central America.

You really can't predict it though - you could go and things be smooth as glass. Our first cruise was the third week of Septmber which is peak hurricane week and we barely felt the ship move all week and saw one 15 minute rain shower the whole cruise.

dh and i live about 15 minutes from the port of miami and port everglades.........we always take a cruise the last week in october for our anniversary and have found it to be a great time of the year to cruise..........although any time of the year is a great time to cruise.......the weather is usually great that time of the year............have fun cruising

cheryl

Archived