Help, please, re Island Princess

JonathanJay

My partner and I are planning a cruise on Island Princess. We're interested in cabins C728, C727, B734 and B737. Can any Princess veteran tell us whether those cabins afford both an aft and side view? The brochure indicates they do, but my TA says she believes there is a partition on the aft side, preventing an unobstructed aft view.

We stayed in C727. The balcony has a rounded glass enclosure. It isn't exactly the same as having an aft cabin but you do have only that glass between you and the ocean (instead of the wall you would have anywhere else). The balcony sticks out from the ship so you are kind of hanging out over the ocean.

If you've by any chance stayed in C752 on a Grand class ship it's similar to the side view you would get from there.

If I had my druthers I prefer the totally aft cabins but the Island and the Coral don't have those.

Hope this helped.

Karen

PS The very last cabins that you are talking about are not covered as each deck is one cabin longer than the deck above it. Baja is directly under the children's play area--you might want to think about that!

We stayed in C727. The balcony has a rounded glass enclosure. It isn't exactly the same as having an aft cabin but you do have only that glass between you and the ocean (instead of the wall you would have anywhere else). The balcony sticks out from the ship so you are kind of hanging out over the ocean.

If you've by any chance stayed in C752 on a Grand class ship it's similar to the side view you would get from there.

If I had my druthers I prefer the totally aft cabins but the Island and the Coral don't have those.

Hope this helped.

Karen

PS The very last cabins that you are talking about are not covered as each deck is one cabin longer than the deck above it. Baja is directly under the children's play area--you might want to think about that!

Thanks Chamima,We had C752 on the Star in 2002 and C750 on Grand a year later.We are going on Island for the forth time next week and we have C727.

John,

You have great taste in cabin choices!

You will love the Island, she is a much more beautiful ship than the Grand class. Make sure to spend at least a little time sitting at the indoor pool with the Asian music and the teak loungers!

Karen

John,

You have great taste in cabin choices!

You will love the Island, she is a much more beautiful ship than the Grand class. Make sure to spend at least a little time sitting at the indoor pool with the Asian music and the teak loungers!

Karen

Hi Karen,We are obviously hooked on the Island after 3 cruises.I don't know if I can go back to the size of the Grand Class ships.We spend every evening after dinner in the Lotus pool listening to the harp music.When the ship is really moving the waves in the pool are great.We are usually the only people around.Another great cabin we had was C743 on the Golden.All the totally aft cabins we taken on that cruise.We also had C628(Bali Suite) on Island which was outstanding.

hey there!

Hey we have booked a mini-suite on Dolphin Deck D516 for the 23 October 05 Island Princess cruise to Hawaii. I was wondering if maybe we should try and get the aft cabins you spoke of?!! I was wondering how they rode during the long at sea days! IS that a lot of movement back there on the aft end of Baja and Caribe decks?

Thanks for the link.

We are looking at cabin B543, Baja deck. From what I've read on these boards and from the photos I just looked at, I think it is a covered balcony. Does anyone know for sure? I can't be in the sun for too long so I am hoping the balcony will afford some shade from time to time.

Thanks for any info on the cabin.

suziehmkr - we were on the Viking Serenade in October 1992 :)

Ah! I don't see too many people with her in their signature. I love that ship... not sure if it was because it was my honeymoon, or my first cruise... but she was just a great ship. Glad she is still in commission, even if it isn't on this side of the world.

We are looking forward to the aft. The below link will take you to some great shots of the IP balconys in question. Chamima, can you confirm which pictures show the balcony for cabin c727? If I'm not mistaken, it is the one entitled "balcony 22".

http://community.webshots.com/album/94785503RvSEXc

Lampwick,These pics were taken on our first cruise on Island by gonefishing and they really don't show the balcony size of C727.I will post new pics when we return on 2/18.

Ah! I don't see too many people with her in their signature. I love that ship... not sure if it was because it was my honeymoon, or my first cruise... but she was just a great ship. Glad she is still in commission, even if it isn't on this side of the world.

Remember the old passenger car deck? We were on the Viking Serenade a few times too. I'm glad the cruise lines have finally realized there a great cruise market on the west coast and are using ships like the Star and Diamond Princess.

No need to fly = more cruises:D

Lampwick,These pics were taken on our first cruise on Island by gonefishing and they really don't show the balcony size of C727.I will post new pics when we return on 2/18.

Would love to see pics or description of the balcony for C231 on the Island. That's our cabin for our 10/23 Island Princess Hawaii cruise.

Lampwick,

Yes, that must be the balcony of C727 but I really remember it having much more of a "floating out over the ocean" feeling. Maybe sitting down I didn't notice the cabins below. I also love being at the end of the hall--much quieter!

Karen

I'm glad the cruise lines have finally realized there a great cruise market on the west coast and are using ships like the Star and Diamond Princess.

No need to fly = more cruises:D

This is the truth! The reason we are taking the 15 day Hawaii is because DH does not like to fly and we are pretty limited on the itineraries we can do. Someday I will get him to fly over for a Caribbean voyage, but it will take a while! LOL

johnmik1

I see that you sailed in C628 (Bali Suite) on the Island Princess. We will be in a suite on the starboard side on Caribe deck (I don't remember the name of the suite right now) when we sail on her. Can you tell me about the cabin and the size of the balcony? I haven't found anyone yet who could tell me much about this category of cabin. Thanks for any info.

Ann

johnmik1

I see that you sailed in C628 (Bali Suite) on the Island Princess. We will be in a suite on the starboard side on Caribe deck (I don't remember the name of the suite right now) when we sail on her. Can you tell me about the cabin and the size of the balcony? I haven't found anyone yet who could tell me much about this category of cabin. Thanks for any info.

Ann

Ann,email me at johnmik1@aol.com with your email address and I will upload some pictures for you.John

Archived