Carnival Dream - Can someone PLEASE...

tsb702

Can someone PLEASE get me the measurements on a stateroom door (Deck 8) and tell me what everyone is talking about when they complain about the "sewer smell"??? What is that all about?:eek:

Normal staterooms have a 22" doorway, see here for more info: https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/dream.html

Handicap Accessible and Handicap Modified cabins have wider doorways I believe.

The sewage smell is one of the most overrated complaints on a cruise ship. A floating city of up to 4,500 pax and crew with a contained sewage system because they cannot dump straight into the ocean means it all stays on-board. The plumbing works much like your plumbing at home, except your home doesn't rise and fall and roll with the waves 24 hours a day. That motion occasionally causes air pockets to form in the pipes and those pockets can block flow and cause a backup or the "bubbles" could pop and release the gas where it can escape into public spaces. It will be a transient event that will dissipate as the air moves around. Sewage smells would be much more common in our everyday lives if we didn't live on stable ground (except you Californians out there perhaps... ;) ). Just as well, it is NOT a common occurrence, has nothing to do with the age of a ship or the weather it sails through, and does not indicate any problems with the ship or the cruise line. Sewage smells occur across the board, all lines, all ships, random times as that is just how it works. Don't let something so trivial ruin your fun... :)

All doors, with the exception of the handicapped cabins, are 22"X6'8". The doors on the HC cabins are 30 inches wide.

I never experienced the sewer smell when I was on the Dream so I can't comment on that...

:)

Normal staterooms have a 22" doorway, see here for more info: https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/dream.html

The sewage smell is one of the most overrated complaints on a cruise ship. A floating city of up to 4,500 pax and crew with a contained sewage system because they cannot dump straight into the ocean means it all stays on-board. The plumbing works much like your plumbing at home, except your home doesn't rise and fall and roll with the waves 24 hours a day. That motion occasionally causes air pockets to form in the pipes and those pockets can block flow and cause a backup or the "bubbles" could pop and release the gas where it can escape into public spaces. It will be a transient event that will dissipate as the air moves around. Sewage smells would be much more common in our everyday lives if we didn't live on stable ground (except you Californians out there perhaps... ;) ). Just as well, it is NOT a common occurrence, has nothing to do with the age of a ship or the weather it sails through, and does not indicate any problems with the ship or the cruise line. Sewage smells occur across the board, all lines, all ships, random times as that is just how it works. Don't let something so trivial ruin your fun... :)

I totally understand now! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and I won't let it ruin the fun ;)

I can't wait to get back and write a review too! i have been reading them for a couple weeks now...not alot of complete reviews for Dream though. It's ok, I will toooootally take care of that come July!

We totally agree with this. We have smelled transient sewer smells on EVERY ship we have been on...a whiff here, a whiff there. Once on the Liberty going down the stairs to the muster drill, they opened a corner stairwell for us to go down and you would have thought we were skipping through a landfill. No big deal and we never mentioned it in any reviews. Another time someone overflowed a toilet in their cabin and it spilled all into the hall - crew did their best to clean it - again, it's a ship with alot of people - truth is we have smelled people covered in cheap perfume that was alot less offensive that some unavoidable sewer gas.

This may sound odd...but I am trying to have a banner made for our stateroom door...can anyone tell me what side of the door the keyswipe/handle is on?? I will be in 8468! Thanks!

This may sound odd...but I am trying to have a banner made for our stateroom door...can anyone tell me what side of the door the keyswipe/handle is on?? I will be in 8468! Thanks!

Maaannnn....stick to the easier questions like door width! ;) This one I can't help you with lol, I'd assume the right.....or the left..... :p

They are on the left... or the right...

Take a close look at this picture from the Carnival Dream...

Dream320.jpg

They are on the left... or the right...

Take a close look at this picture from the Carnival Dream...

Dream320.jpg

Ahhh the "secret door" picture!

You're going to cover the entire door with a banner?

We had a peep hole on Destiny. Doesn't look like they have them on Dream.

Ahhh the "secret door" picture!

You're going to cover the entire door with a banner?

We had a peep hole on Destiny. Doesn't look like they have them on Dream.

Yea, I am getting a vinyl banner made with a collage of photos. I think it's pretty original! haven't seen it posted on the boards yet :D

Archived