Two questions from some first-time Princess Cruisers

owt205

Hi

First, how do we arrange bed configuration? We have booked a GTY, but have no cabin assignment yet, I see the line on the summary, but no-where do I see how to communicate our wishes.

Second, we have confirmed late seating in the MDR, but I cannot find what the actual time is.

We are sailing Apr21 Coral Princess, FLL to Vancouver

Thanks in advance

Hi,

When you book gty status, there is no way for the bed configuration to be noted. That line becomes unavailable to the res. agent. Once you get a cabin assignment, then it can be noted. Otherwise, talk to your room steward once onboard. He/she will arrange it to your preference.

Dining times: early= 6:00 and late=8:15, anytime= 5:30-10pm

Thank you so much, it is really great to have the answers to the little things that you wonder about. This will be our 5th cruise, but 1st time with Princess, and from what I have read we are in for a treat. What is extra special is that we are cruising with 3 other couples, all celebrating milestone Anniversaries (45,40,40.25). The 25th couple are cruising for the very first time, and their enthusiasm is catching.

Other cruises were with RCL, Carnival, and NCL

As soon as you get your cabin assignment give Princess a call if the bed config is wrong and ask them to change it. My current GTY was assigned a couple of weeks ago and the bed config was wrong. I called and they changed it.

I think late seating is 8:15.

Dinner time varies depending on the cruise -- usually 8:15 or 8:30. Dining Room, Time, and Table # is printed on your cabin card that you will receive at check-in. First evening time is often different and you should check the Patter you will find in your cabin on embarkation.

Ty Sultan for the info...does anyone know what time the late theater show starts, and if it is advisable to get there early???

Yes it is always best to arrive early (30-40 min. at least) especially if its the first performance of a particular show. Sometimes Princess will do the same show two nights. The second night is always easier to get a seat. Most of the main shows start at 8:30, but they do have other shows that start later, like a smaller venue show.

Just a thought on the dinner thing. You can always switch or try Anytime Dining. If the time you have does not suite yourselves, you can always forgo that dining room and have dinner when you want in one of the Anytime dining restaurants. Some days you may want to eat earlier, some later. This way you are not locked in. Don't forget to try the specialty restaurants. Sabatini's and The Crown or Sterling grill. They are both excellent!!

Each show is offered at least twice. Typically show times are say 8:00pm for early diners and 10:30pm for late diners. For each show it is best to arrive 30 min early. Bar Service is available at the show.

Sometimes the show timing is 7pm for late diners and say 9pm for early diners. We are late diners and do not find 7pm convenient. But with this timing, there is often an additional show on some other evening.

Ty Sultan for the info...does anyone know what time the late theater show starts, and if it is advisable to get there early???

First of all, you're going to love the Coral!! Great ship, fantastic crew -- they had to drag me off. Anyway . . . dinner hours were earlier than normal on my cruise and I don't know if it'll be the same for you, but thought I'd give you a head's up. First seating was about 5:30/5:45 and our second seating was at 7:45.

I only went to a show in the main Theatre twice but both times to the late show and had no trouble getting a seat arriving about 20 minutes in advance one time and only 10 minutes in advance for the comedian.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more Coral-specific questions -- or any other kinds of questions!

Late dining/seating won't be an issue. On a long repo like yours most will want early dining and shows so they can go to bed on time. It's not the most diplomatic way to say it, but that's the way it is.

In that case, they might push first seating up to 4pm . . .

Haha

Received the message about late dining loud and clear, we realize that being a 19 day cruise, there may be an "older demographic". On our other cruises, we have done both anytime, and fixed, and find that we much prefer the fixed. As there are 8 in our group, we have planned to eat together to discuss our day, so there is no need for a "conference" to decide where and when to eat...it is all done for us! (The less decisions the better, as far as I am concerned) Besides, on our last cruise, we did the anytime, and missed the rapport we had established our previous cruises with the wait staff. Sometimes, it just really brightens your day when you are greeted with a familiar face each evening.

Thanks for the info, you are all a great "well" of info, and it has really enhanced the planning of this cruise. Can't wait to get on the Coral.

So far, the Roll Call has been great, so we are looking forward to meeting some great folks from around the world

One minor problem with AD can be trying to get a group moving to the dining room. When there are 6, 8 or 10 people in the group there are likely to be some who are punctual and wish to move along and others who are habitually late.

Archived