Monday - Fun Day at Sea

Tuesday - Grand Cayman 7:00 am - 4:00 pm

Wednesday - Cozumel 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Thursday - Isla Roatan 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

Friday - Belize 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Saturday - Fun Day at Sea

Sunday - Return 8:00 am to Tampa :(

THANKS

On what date? The reason I ask is because the US observes daylight savings time, whereas other countries (such as Grand Cayman) do not.

I use a website called timeanddate . com to figure everything out.

Oh yeah and did you mean convert to ship's time?

Sunday - Depart 4:00 pm from Tampa on Carnival Legend :cool:

Monday - Fun Day at Sea

THANKS

You arrive in Grand cayman at 7am =- the ship sails at 4pm but the last shuttle will be at 3pm.

Grand Cayman is one hour behind Eastern standard time

Belieze is two hours behind Eastern time

Isla Roatan in 2 hour behind.

What you need to find out if the ships captain changes time to reflect island time. ALWAYS stay on ship time

Monday - Fun Day at Sea

THANKS

Tuesday - Grand Cayman 6:00am - 3:00pm (eastern w/o daylight savings)

Wednesday - Cozumel 9:00am - 5:00 pm (central with daylight savings)

Thursday - Isla Roatan 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (central w/o daylight savings)

Friday - Belize 6:00 am - 3:00 pm (central w/o daylight savings)

tuesday - grand cayman 6:00am - 3:00pm (eastern w/o daylight savings)

wednesday - cozumel 9:00am - 5:00 pm (central with daylight savings)

thursday - isla roatan 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (central w/o daylight savings)

friday - belize 6:00 am - 3:00 pm (central w/o daylight savings)

thanks a ton :d

What you need to find out if the ships captain changes time to reflect island time. ALWAYS stay on ship time

Exactly! If you are sailing over the DST time change, I imagine there will be some sort of announcement...if not verbal (i.e., the Welcome Aboard or during check-in) more likely in the daily "cruise compass". Not sure about all cruise lines, but all of the cruises that I have been on have made it a point to instruct us to keep ship's time at all times...so when the say departure is 4:00...it is 4:00 ship's time, not island time.

Before any of these "conversions" make sense, you need to find out if the ship's time will change. For example, when I went to Mexico, ship time was Pacific time, then we changed to Mountain time, even though Puerto Vallarta was on Central time. On the way back, we changed back to Pacific time. So, basically there were 3 changes to ship's time over the course of 7 days.

You are worrying about something that doesn't need to be.

If you are in port from 10 to 4 you will have 6 hours in that port. Doesn't matter if it is Star time or moon time.

The ship's time is the one that you need to know. The Carnival Capers (daily newsletter) will keep you posted about what the ships time is. The Cruise Director will also make some announcements and so will the captain. When leaving the ship ask what the ship's time is and set your watch to it.

Sometimes they will not bother to change time if they are just cruising thru a time zone or at a Island that is a hour off.

True, most times you stay on ships time but you still NEED to know what the island time is for excursions and store openings. We got off in Cayman 1 time and didn't realize there was a time difference. We had to wait 2 hours before the stores opened. I don't think the OP was planning on going by island time, just needing to know to base decision as to what time to get off the ship etc.

If this is your first cruise== converting the ship time for you to island time scares me.

(well it looks like you would be back at the ship 2 hours before you need to be anyways)

If your ships paper tells you you are in port from 7am until 4pm== thats all you really need to know.

Do not use your cell phone to tell time while in the ports. and dont ask shop keeps what time it is.

Sunday - Depart 4:00 pm from Tampa on Carnival Legend - PARTY TIME!

Monday - Fun Day at Sea - PARTY TIME!

Tuesday - Grand Cayman 7:00 am - 4:00 pm - PARTY TIME!

Wednesday - Cozumel 10:00 am - 6:00 pm - PARTY TIME!

Thursday - Isla Roatan 11:00 am - 6:00 pm - PARTY TIME!

Friday - Belize 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - PARTY TIME!

Saturday - Fun Day at Sea - PARTY TIME!

Sunday - Return 8:00 am to Tampa

Hope that helps! Give us a review when you get back!

On the Freedom last week, and after like 17 Carnival cruises, this was the first one that changed the clocks instead of staying on embarkation port time for the whole cruise. One would think Carnival would make their policy the same fleetwide, either change the clocks or dont, instead of letting it vary by ships choice.

True, most times you stay on ships time but you still NEED to know what the island time is for excursions and store openings. We got off in Cayman 1 time and didn't realize there was a time difference. We had to wait 2 hours before the stores opened. I don't think the OP was planning on going by island time, just needing to know to base decision as to what time to get off the ship etc.

Exactly I've done my research ALOT of research! I was wanting to know for shops and excursions. We didn't book anything through Carnival and it saved us nearly $400.00!!! WOO HOO!

Thanks for the replies everyone! Is it June yet?!?!

Monday - Fun Day at Sea

THANKS

Keep your watch on SHIP's time (Eastern) ....even though it'll be two hours ahead of the Bay Islands time (you'll arrive in Belize at 0800, but it'll be 0600 local). The ship does NOT go on local time - so when you're ashore you'll have to be back according to the ship's time; otherwise you'll be looking for another way home.........

We just got back, and keeping everything on ship's time was fine - the tour operators know that and adjust everything accordingly....

Archived