viking grand european

janines

I read the latest review on the boards about the grand european itinerary. It was dated last Aug. I wondered if anyone has reviews on the new ship, the Legend taking this itinerary. We are booked on the July 25th cruise. Some mention that the 2/1 has lowered the quality of the food selections and day trips. I am interested to hear from anyone that has experienced this new ship and itinerary.

Thanks,

janines

A travel agent wrote a review after the one I wrote last year and had a much more positive report to give. Most of our problems were due to the fact that the ship should have been delayed longer before they launched it as they had not finished testing it. They were still loading equipment the crew needed when we arrived at Budapest. I am sure you will have a great cruise. We met wonderful people and enjoyed the cruise minus the glitches. Hopefully by now, the crew is used to working on the ship and things will be running more smoothly.

Was the travel agent's review posted on this board? For some reason, I'm not being notified when someone responds to may postings. I think I read your previous message and I was hoping that the kinks are worked out by now.

thanks,

janines

We are taking this cruise (Legend--Budapest to Amsterdam) on July10. We have taken the Viking China river trip and attire was pretty casual even for dinner. I wonder if being in Europe might call for a wardrobe upgrade. How dressy is dinner attire?

We are taking this cruise (Legend--Budapest to Amsterdam) on July10. We have taken the Viking China river trip and attire was pretty casual even for dinner. I wonder if being in Europe might call for a wardrobe upgrade. How dressy is dinner attire?

It is not fancy in Europe either. You want to be cool and comfortable because it can be quite warm in certain parts of the cruise. I brought one skirt with me and otherwise lived in capris and slacks. People do not notice if you wear the same things more than once.

Archived