BA on Stern or D3 Deluxe Balcony

RSVE821

I'm considering the Epic's maiden TA in June and I'm in a quandry. The D3 is 189 sq. ft. of cabin space vs. 151 for the BA. I've done a TA Eastbound on the Jewel in a stern BA which had a much larger balcony than a regular BA and the cabins for all BAs are just plain larger than the Epic. It's sounding like the Epic stern BA balconys are not much bigger if at all than standard balcony cabins on the sides. The likelyhood of significant wind on this westbound North Atlantic is probably a given and a chilly one at that (from what I've read on the Cunard board). There are just the two of us but do we give up the extra space in return for a smaller but wind protected balcony. The cabin layout we prefer is with the sitting area next to the balcony and they are only currently available on Deck 8, the lowest BA deck above Cagney's and perhaps noisier being closer to the wake.

What would you do?????

It would be an easy decision for me. Giving up the protected aft balcony with the best view for a crossing for 30+ SF of cabin space is not something I would do. About 20 of the 160 on the roll call for this cruise at booked in aft BAs and a number more in ACs.

With final payment do this week maybe one of the upper deck BAs will open. I would grab the deck 8 and watch to see what else opens. Keep in mind they are not going to book this cruise full so don't be surprised if one day in the not to distant future all cabins disappear.

Earlier this week we were given approval at work to go on vacation in Aug/Sept, got spaces for our 3 moggies at holiday camp so last night we went ahead and booked a cabin for our Epic Aug 21-Sep 4 B2B sailing.

We had hoped to go for a B2 cabin with upper berth but realized NCL would not give us one because we are a party of 3 not 4. So we looked for Deluxe D2/3/4 - more space, but would cost us a few hundred more. Then I checked to see if there were any BA stern left ....

We hummed and hawed - less space, lower $, and we'd been on 4 NCL cruises already - and in the end grabbed the last available BA stern cabin on deck 9!!!

Archived