Feel like Benedict Arnold!

CruiseForever

Can't help feeling like a traitor. We are going on a cruise on Sunday and it is not Celebrity. We haven't been on a non-Celebrity cruise in many years. We leave Sunday on RCCL "Vision of the Seas" to the Mexican gold coast.

We know that we are going to compare everything to X, and it just won't measure up, but since we are guests(free-but not from the cruise line) how bad can that really be.

We have a small junior suite(241 sq. ft), so space will be ok. Some concern over food and ambiance. RCCL still has two formal nights, but 5 casual, no specialty restaurant like M-class.

We will post a review and comparison upon return.

Ron and Marie

I know how you feel. We're booked on Coral Princess for next year. We really wanted to do Panama Canal and Princess was the only cruise line that had a cruise on the dates we need. I would have preferred to go on Celebrity and I do feel guilty about using another cruise line. I know that's silly, but I guess I do feel loyal to my favorites!

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Inspiration - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Don't fret... I pop back and forth between Celebrity and RCCL depending on the ports of call and such. As far as the Vision goes I love the ship. Similar in size to the Galaxy. With I could combine my favourite parts of each ship into one.. oh well.

As far as the Mexican riviera goes, It was nice to do for a change of pace from the Caribbean but I think I'll stick to the Caribbean next time... just a little warmer.

Funny - I sorta feel like Benedict Arnold for booking on Celebrity!!!

My last four cruises have been on the QE2, and I love that ship!

Since I don't read much about Cunard on this board, maybe I will post a comparison review when I return from taking the Constellation to the Baltic in July.

love

joan

Have no fear, you will have a wonderful cruise, we have done 5 RC and one princess and one celebrity and are booked for our second and third celebrity on a back to back in october on the galaxy. If you don't try them all, you'll never know which you like the best, will you?

At least the ship is still part of the same overall company. I'm sure Jack Williams will forgive you.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Truly, I think taking another line now and then is good for us all. Keeps things 'fresh' if you will. You can enjoy some new twists on the 'new' line and appreciate what you miss about your 'favorite' line and appreciate it all the more on your return! Have a blast!

We too are trying RCI (again). We had been going X for a good while but got tired of the M Class and wanted to try something different. So we're sailing Jewel this summer. She looks like a fantastic ship.

We used to be diehard Princess fans and then we switched to X. Not diehard anymore, but we do like Celebrity.

Hope you have a great time on Vision and let us know how it goes.

Variety is the spice of life, don't fret just enjoy it! icon_cool.gif

Emerald Seas 1980

Norway 1994

Zenith 1995

Royal Majesty 1995

Century 1996, 1999

Ecstasy 1996

Mercury 1997

Horizon 1998

NCL Wind 1998

Grand Princess 1999

Sea Princess 2000

Infinity 2001

NCL Star 2002

Millennium 2003

Summit 2003, 2004

Summit (4 day) April 26,2004

Sun Princess Nov.22, 2004

Hey, I don't feel guilty, not one bit. After 3 straight years cruising on RCI we're booked on Celebrity's Summit for June 2005, Southbound Alaskan Cruise with the 5 day land tour prior to the cruise. I just hope that the "cost cutting and penny pinching" icon_confused.gif that RCI has employed, doesn't carryover to Celebrity. We're ready to be pampered! icon_cool.gif

Stretch

Barcrawlers, is there anywhere they won't go?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

We leave May 23 on Carnival's Miracle. I don't feel guilty at all. It's good to keep variety in the picture. Something to compare. I do hope that we can get to bermuda on Zenith in September though. I'll really miss it if we can't.

Archived