one soda card for two people?

rolfeman02

Yes, but there will be a service charge for putting the discount on the bill. And another service charge for linking your Fountain Fun Card to the alcohol sale.

See?

A whole new surcharge that they have not tapped into yet....

(wont be long now)

;)

See?

A whole new surcharge that they have not tapped into yet....

(wont be long now)

;)

Well, the cat is out of the bag now. But I don't think that CCL would check out a thread like this - they focus more on the reviews and smuggling threads.

. Flamers need to mind their own business or buy you 2 soda cards, since they are so freakin principled.

Statements like this always crack me up... that people need to "MYOB" the OP posed a question on a Public Forum...others (including me) gave their opinions... so where does "MYOB' come into play? (and why should those who think they should not share buy 2 cards, to make up for the 'cheaters'?) :confused:

~also crackes me up to be labled as "so freakin principled" just because I dont think its right to share something that is sold individually~

My son is a big soda drinker, and I only occasionally have one, so I buy one card and he will sneak me a couiple during the trip. . :)

Guess this makes you not "freakin principled" at all :rolleyes:

So, if you have a soda card and order a Rhum and Coke, they should discount the your drink...

afterall, you already paid for the soda!!!

(right?)

Good question...I was wondering the same thing. I wasn't sure if they would charge you for the alcohol and a soda..or is it just one price? Like my husband drinks Ameretto and Coke. So is it just the one price that the ameretto is listed as on the alcohol list?

Well, the cat is out of the bag now. But I don't think that CCL would check out a thread like this - they focus more on the reviews and smuggling threads.

I dont know...

soon they will have to use fingerprint scan to get the sodas with the sodacards...if threads like this persist...and Carvinal sees how previlent sharing is...

;) :rolleyes:

Will anyone rat you out? -- Perhaps the chair-needing person pissed off at you for saving chairs you weren't allowed to save chairs. Or the person who you budded in front of while joining your spouse already in line at the mongolian grille. Or perhaps the ...

I dont know...

soon they will have to use fingerprint scan to get the sodas with the sodacards...if threads like this persist...and Carvinal sees how previlent sharing is...

;) :rolleyes:

Then the 'sharers' will have clone fingerprints to stick to their fingertips to share.

Pretty soon soda sharing will be just as big as alcohol smuggling.

Good question...I was wondering the same thing. I wasn't sure if they would charge you for the alcohol and a soda..or is it just one price? Like my husband drinks Ameretto and Coke. So is it just the one price that the ameretto is listed as on the alcohol list?

Ameretto would be the same price with or without the coke.......

can i just get one soda card and then my fiancee and I just drink the same soda? or will someone say something?

You can only get one glass at a time, but they don't have security following you around to make sure you are the only one who drinks it :D!

IMHO, the soda card is overpriced and inconvenient. Just bring on whatever soda you need. You can also stop at a grocery in port and get more.

Ameretto would be the same price with or without the coke.......

Problem Solved!!

Just order a mixed drink and tell them you want them in sepreate glasses...tada...

No need to buy a soda card, just order mixed drinks, do shots and give the soda to the soda drinker...

(Right?)

:p

Problem Solved!!

Just order a mixed drink and tell them you want them in sepreate glasses...tada...

No need to buy a soda card, just order mixed drinks, do shots and give the soda to the soda drinker...

(Right?)

Nope they will charge you for the coke........it would be considered a chaser.........unless of course you give the bartender some extra chump change.......just like when you order 2 cokes with your coke card....money talks......

sorry if this is off the subject a little, but I need to get the soda card if I want soda in the MDR? I was debating on the card but I think this just sealed the deal. DW drinks tea and DS was planning on getting the soda card. What about milk with dinner?

sorry if this is off the subject a little, but I need to get the soda card if I want soda in the MDR? I was debating on the card but I think this just sealed the deal. DW drinks tea and DS was planning on getting the soda card. What about milk with dinner?

'

You can order a soda at dinner and they will put it on your S&S card. Milk is FREE and can ordered at dinner..( my dinner drink of choice )..:rolleyes:

Nope they will charge you for the coke........it would be considered a chaser.........unless of course you give the bartender some extra chump change.......just like when you order 2 cokes with your coke card....money talks......

Kurbanfan--- Im gonna tell you one more time...

Play along...

;):p

( I dont even drink sodas )

You can order sodas by "the each" unless you drink a Lot of soda, the card may not be a good value for you.

If you order soda individually, you get a can and a glass of ice. if you get a soda card, you get (whats left in a few cans poured over ice) in a glass. I think a soda by it self is like $2.11 (someone will correct me if Im wrong) So if you only drink a couple a day, just get them one at a time...IMO, thats the best choice.

Now, for my (20yo) daughter who drinks a lot of juice all day and several sodas, a soda card has always been the best bet for her. Also, that way, if she sets her drink down, and walks away...(as flighty teens/young adults tend to do) she can just go get another one.

It is sad that there has been a slow and steady decline in ethics. The scary part is it seems the decline is only going to get worse. When we suggest someone will get away with some unethical behaviour we are effectively condoning it. Others then read the thread and assume most people are doing the unethical thing (like 'sharing' a drink card, smuggling, saving seats, buying jewelry in port & not declaring it to customs, throwing tomato juice, etc.) and think everyone else is doing it so they might as well too.

The reality is many people do try to live their lives ethically. We all would be better off as a society if more people would try.

DH and I each got the soda card on our cruise in Feb. We did share a few sodas with the kids. I do not feel bad about it becuase we didn't get any more or less than what we would have gotten had we not shared with the kids. If we were in the MDR with the kids and ordered soda the waiter knew we were sharing with the kdis and didn't say or do anything. My kids are 7 and 8 they were with us or in CC the entire cruise. If they had been older (as in 15^) then we would have bought them their own soda card...

I didn't intend on getting soda to begin with becuase I am happy with the lemonade. I actually drank more soda than I would have normally just to make sure I got enough to at least break even for getting the cards.

On our next cruise we will probably not get the soda cards at all and jsut take a couple cases of soda on board. DH likes root beer which they didn't have and I prefer Pepsi over Coke. Plus I would rather save that money for something else.

And it wasn't a card it was a sticker that was smaller than your fingernail that was on your S&S card.

It is sad that there has been a slow and steady decline in ethics. The scary part is it seems the decline is only going to get worse. When we suggest someone will get away with some unethical behaviour we are effectively condoning it. Others then read the thread and assume most people are doing the unethical thing (like 'sharing' a drink card, smuggling, saving seats, buying jewelry in port & not declaring it to customs, throwing tomato juice, etc.) and think everyone else is doing it so they might as well too.

The reality is many people do try to live their lives ethically. We all would be better off as a society if more people would try.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

can i just get one soda card and then my fiancee and I just drink the same soda? or will someone say something?

I smell a troll, but if you're serious, save yourself some real money and just bring your soda onboard with you. You're allowed to bring a reasonable amount.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived