balcony doors a slammin

cruisun

These people must be related to/or ARE the same people who slam hotel/motel room doors:mad:.

How hard is it to hang onto the handle and close it? Especially at night when someone may be sleeping? Do you do it at home, too?

If you are coming in or leaving with luggage, use a piece to hold open the door until you are all in or out. We travel quite a bit and inconsiderate people bugs me.

These people must be related to/or ARE the same people who slam hotel/motel room doors:mad:.

How hard is it to hang onto the handle and close it? Especially at night when someone may be sleeping? Do you do it at home, too?

If you are coming in or leaving with luggage, use a piece to hold open the door until you are all in or out. We travel quite a bit and inconsiderate people bugs me.

Our last cruise our neighbors were a pack of "cougars" (noted on their door) and they were hitting the interior wall so much we thought our picture would fall off. They also slammed the door and wanted everyone to know when they were there and when they weren't. They never used the balcony though.

Slamming doors is not limited to HAL ships. We lease a high rise condo apartment in Florida in the winter, and our neighbors let their entry door slam, while I carefully close ours quietly. Luckily, we cannot hear the door slam from the bedrooms. Thanks to all of you on this thread who close your balcony doors quietly. As a three year old friend of mine says, "I like it!"

I was not suggesting that everyone meant to "make a fuss". I get the impression that most people are not aware that they do it, and are not bothered by, or do not even hear the noise that it makes:D

Not only does that happen to balcony doors, it happens to your regular cabin door as well. I have felt so bad when it gets away from me, and that happens.

Hi

one thing, thats unbelievable for me is the reason why the Cruise lines allow to built in these doors.

On NCL and MSC we had sliding doors - much more comfortable and safer. And these ships were build in different shipyards (NCL Meyer Werft Papenburg, Germany, MSC Opera at Chantiers de l'Atlantique/France)

More quiet and need less space to open.

I cannot understand, why the do not use this sliding doors in new built ships.

Wendy

I suspect that the door slammers are the same boors that leave their balcony lights on for the whole cruise.

I know better than to leave the lights on BUT having said that, I only know that there is a light switch to turn them off by accident.

Our first cruise with HAL, I discovered the light switch only as I moved the curtain way to my left as I tried to retrieve something that had rolled under the desk (next to the curtain.) If I'd not seen that switch and flicked it to see what it did, my verandah lights probably would have stayed on the entire cruise.

Joanie

Archived