Debit Card Hold?

River_Rat

Is it possible to link a credit card to your s&s but when you get on board put cash on your account to use the cash and then a CC once the cash runs out?

Is that possible?

if your going to do that, just put cash down, (or buy OnBoard Credit ahead of time--same as cash) then attach your card when you get 'low' on cash...believe me they will let you know.

Also, anytime you can go to the Pursers desk and ask for a print out of your account...Some ships you can check it on the TV screen in your cabin, but this is not on all ships.

I'm planning to use a debit card for my cruise. I will have plenty of money in the account, but do the holds ever interfere with the daily limit? I assume my card is the normal $300 limit. And if I spend some money at the port that day, will I run into a problem when they try to place a hold on the $250? I'd rather just use my card rather than dealing with the whole cash thing, but not if it is going to cause problems.

if your going to do that, just put cash down, (or buy OnBoard Credit ahead of time--same as cash) then attach your card when you get 'low' on cash...believe me they will let you know.

Also, anytime you can go to the Pursers desk and ask for a print out of your account...Some ships you can check it on the TV screen in your cabin, but this is not on all ships.

Thanks so much for the info! How do you buy onboard credit ahead of time? So you can buy on board credit and link a card incase that runs out ?

Thanks so much for the info! How do you buy onboard credit ahead of time? So you can buy on board credit and link a card incase that runs out ?

I get it thru my TravelAgent, shes awesome, so I just call her.

You can also do it thru Carnival directly.

Sometimes its called "Funship dollars"

Just tell them you want to buy some Onboard Credit and what ever amount you want. (ie: $50, $100, $200--whatever)

My daughter gets hers $25 at a time as she can afford it (she works part time, and saving is not easy for her) ;). Works out fine, that way she has $$ when shes on the cruise, and it keeps her from piddeling it away while shes trying to 'save'.

I'm planning to use a debit card for my cruise. I will have plenty of money in the account, but do the holds ever interfere with the daily limit? I assume my card is the normal $300 limit. And if I spend some money at the port that day, will I run into a problem when they try to place a hold on the $250? I'd rather just use my card rather than dealing with the whole cash thing, but not if it is going to cause problems.

Thats a good question for your bank, they would be a better source of info on that. You can also have them release your limit or raise it on the dates your gone. (remember to let them know you will be out of town and the other countries you will be visiting, so it does not get flagged as possible fraud alert)

Archived