DREAM "I think we just hit a deer"

OSUKNIGHT

Just back from the Dream, Eastern Caribbean, 3/27/10. On our first, second, and third day we kept hearing a loud crashing noise against the bow. One night CD Todd Wittmer was at the Encore Theater hosting a show and said, "I think we just hit a deer" :eek: to everyone in the theatre when we heard the sound. I thought he was right on the money since I once hit a deer growing up in Ohio. Once we got to St. Thomas we never heard it again the rest of the week. I don't know if it was a stabilizer issue? I did notice it only happened when we were traveling 22 knots and the wind was on the port side.

It was really obvious in our stateroom 11201, which is fwd.

If anyone else was on this cruise feel free to comment or does anyone have any opinions?

Just back from the Dream, Eastern Caribbean, 3/27/10. On our first, second, and third day we kept hearing a loud crashing noise against the bow. One night CD Todd Wittmer was at the Encore Theater hosting a show and said, "I think we just hit a deer" :eek: to everyone in the theatre when we heard the sound. I thought he was right on the money since I once hit a deer growing up in Ohio. Once we got to St. Thomas we never heard it again the rest of the week. I don't know if it was a stabilizer issue? I did notice it only happened when we were traveling 22 knots and the wind was on the port side.

If anyone else was on this cruise feel free to comment or does anyone have any opinions?

We had the happen on the Dec 3rd cruise.... for 18 hours....the first Sea Day.

We were in an interior Spa cabin 11223. After that...not a peep..it was odd???

He said the same thing during our January cruise, at that time the weather was not very good and the water got kind of rough. I'm sure he was just trying to be funny and distract you from the rough seas.

He said the same thing during our January cruise, at that time the weather was not very good and the water got kind of rough. I'm sure he was just trying to be funny and distract you from the rough seas.

Yeah, I don't believe they hit a deer either.

Yeah.. that was funny.

I have to say this was THE MOST rocking, moving, swaying, listing ship I have EVER been on...

I don't get sea sick at all.. and a few times I felt queasy.

It was horrible but I wouldn't let it bring me down!!!

I guess it doesn't matter to anyone that I couldn't sleep very well for the first 3 nights.

Next time the wife is going to pack one of those deer whistles that I can put on front of the ship.

Trying to call them to ya??

My brother used to manage a body shop in deer country, he told me 99% of the cars they worked on that had hit dear had one of those gadgets on the grille.

Rare Deer Fish Caught!

14_deer_fish.jpg

A pair of fisherman found this deer 1.5 miles off shore. Good thing they had a camera... they'd have had a hell of a time getting anyone to buy this big fish tale. (from www.friendmonkey.com/monkey_blog.cfm

What bait was he using? You don't usually catch deer on shrimp or squid, but maybe the guy was using corn!

Also, did the guy measure the deer? If it was too small, he should have tossed it back in.

Hey OSUKnight, did you end up getting any pic's of your room that you can post? Other than the noise, how was the room? Did the noise keep you awake at night? Hope this was the only downfall of your trip!

One night CD Todd Wittmer was at the Encore Theater hosting a show and said, "I think we just hit a deer" :eek: to everyone in the theatre when we heard the sound.

I think he was trying to pass the buck. :D

it's the hull breaking the waves.. we were on a different ship and woke me up one night.. all i could think of.. what is in the ocean that we'd be hitting to make that banging.. the only thing i could think of was a sea turtle! lol seemed feasible to me.. but we found out it was the waves

We were on that same cruise cabin 11211.

Same thing banging noise every couple of minutes until we left St Thomas.

The pictures on the wall were shaking, it was something that I had never experienced before.

We had the happen on the Dec 3rd cruise.... for 18 hours....the first Sea Day.

We were in an interior Spa cabin 11223. After that...not a peep..it was odd???

We were on this cruise in cabin 11251 and didn't hear anything.

Maybe everyone just has noisy neighbors? :D

Archived