Lynn Valley bridge, Vancouver

mew1

Hi does anyone know if you can get to the Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge from any of the stops on the big bus or trolley, I know I would have to get another form of transportation to the bridge. I was looking for a stop that might work to start the trip to bridge.

thanks

Mary:)

We went there a couple of years ago. Took the Seabus to the Transit Center and then took a City bus. I don't recall the bus number but it was very easy to do.

I found this on their website:

If You Are Taking the Bus

The #229 Phibbs Exchange/Westlynn bus and the #228 Lynn Valley bus both stop near Lynn Canyon Park. Take the #229 bus from the bus loop at Phibbs Exchange or take the #228 or #229 from the Seabus, which travels between Vancouver and North Vancouver. The #229 bus does not run from Phibbs Exchange on Sundays.

Hi does anyone know if you can get to the Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge from any of the stops on the big bus or trolley, I know I would have to get another form of transportation to the bridge. I was looking for a stop that might work to start the trip to bridge.

thanks

Mary:)

The Vancouver area transit system is extensive and inexpensive, and has a pretty good trip planner at http://trankslink.ca/

And google maps has a 'By Transit' option for Vancouver which also gives good results.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=780-999+Canada+Place,+Vancouver,+BC+V6C+3C1,+Canada+(Canada+Place)&daddr=Canada+(Lynn+Canyon+Suspension+Bridge)&hl=en&geocode=FdAS8AIdHWyp-CHqsPFH6tWFbClhG8LdgnGGVDFpbnz415mm3g%3BFQnr8AIdCuOq-CGIDJ85HuZruQ&mra=ls&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=04%2F14%2F10&time=1:00pm&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=&sll=49.313932,-123.056316&sspn=0.085722,0.264187&ie=UTF8&ll=49.308896,-123.025589&spn=0.085731,0.264187&z=13&start=0

Hi Mary;

I lived for more than 50 years within a few miles of the Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge. I can still remember the first time I crossed it...I was in Cubs (Scouts) and the hot dog roast was on the other side...that was the only reason I crossed. It does not have the whistles and bells of the Capilano Suspension Bridge but a good couple of hours can be spent in the park, crossing the bridge and hiking the trails. Take the SeaBus from Waterfront Station and then at Lonsdale Quay take the #229 Lynn Valley bus. Just tell the driver where you want to go and he/she will tell you when to get off.

the area your describing is in North Vancouver so none of the HOHO buses go there but the Seabus station is close to Gastown and Canada Place so all the HOHO buses have stops close to the 'station'.

the area your describing is in North Vancouver so none of the HOHO buses go there but the Seabus station is close to Gastown and Canada Place so all the HOHO buses have stops close to the 'station'.

For $9, you can buy a day pass on all the city buses/seabus/skytrain and HOHO anywhere in metro Vancouver...

Here's a link to my blog and a report of a trip I made to the Lynn Canyon Suspension bridge - there is a video of me walking across it so if you want to get an idea of what the walk across is like and the area around the Bridge give it a click.

http://yvrcruiser.blogspot.com/2009_04_12_archive.html

Cheers

Dennis

Archived