Airline Fee for Second Suitcase

ilovhywd

Until I get around to phoning Air France tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question.

Their website says there is a 55 Euro fee for a second piece of baggage, but it is not clear whether this fee is charged per ticket or per leg of the flight.

We are flying from Pisa to Paris to Atlanta to Palm Beach. Will one 55 Euro payment cover all three flights or will we have to pay separately for each leg? (The third leg is on Delta.)

Or maybe I should be reading the thread on how to pack light!!!!

Thanks!

More than likely you will pay the fee at your first point of checking in the bags for a trip that is continuous. 55 Euros is a HUGE fee. If your allowance for an international set of flights is only 1 checked bag, I would learn to do without the 2nd bag!

Watch out for overweight charges as well.

Until I get around to phoning Air France tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question.

Their website says there is a 55 Euro fee for a second piece of baggage, but it is not clear whether this fee is charged per ticket or per leg of the flight.

We are flying from Pisa to Paris to Atlanta to Palm Beach. Will one 55 Euro payment cover all three flights or will we have to pay separately for each leg? (The third leg is on Delta.)

Or maybe I should be reading the thread on how to pack light!!!!

It's for the whole flight (assuming it's all ticketed on a single reservation.) Even if it isn't. show the checking person your WHOLE itinerary, and they should be able to tag the bags through (although you will have to clear US Customs in Atlanta)

More than likely you will pay the fee at your first point of checking in the bags for a trip that is continuous. 55 Euros is a HUGE fee. If your allowance for an international set of flights is only 1 checked bag, I would learn to do without the 2nd bag!

Watch out for overweight charges as well.

Air France is really slick about their excess baggage fee. $50.00 USD FROM the USA, $50CAD FROM Canada, 50 Euros from Europe.

OP

It is ONE fee per ticket. You can save 20% if you pay the excess baggage fee online when you check in.

Direct from the Air France website:

" Are you traveling between Europe and the United States or Canada?

For Voyageur cabin (coach class) tickets issued after November 1, 2009, for flights between Europe and the United States or Canada:

* Passengers can transport 1 hold baggage item weighing up to 23 kg free of charge,

* Flying Blue Platinum, Gold or Silver members can transport 2 hold baggage items weighing up to 23 kg each free of charge.

If you wish to transport baggage which exceeds either the allocated weight, or an extra item of baggage, you must purchase an additional baggage allowance during check-in. The fee for checking in a second hold baggage item is €50 (50USD when departing from the United States and 50CAD from Canada). Please note: you save 20% if you purchase your additional baggage allowance during online check-in on www.airfrance.com."

Archived