FLL car rental shuttle to Port Everglades

colgal77

Does anyone know what car rental agencies in the FLL airport offer the free shuttle to Port Everglades? This might help make our decision on which one to use.

TIA

All rental companies have a free shuttle to the Port and airport.

All rental companies have a free shuttle to the Port and airport.

This wasn't true in October, Avis wasn't participating and I know there were a few others. There was another thread on this a few months back, you might be able to find it via the search thread :) Good luck~

There's a common shuttle from the FLL car rental center which most, but apparently not all, companies use. Thrifty/Dollar have a separate office just outside the entrance to Port Everglades which offers shuttle service. If you use Thrifty, try the Orlando Magicard discount code: 004M001010 (card can be obtained free online).

There's a common shuttle from the FLL car rental center which most, but apparently not all, companies use. Thrifty/Dollar have a separate office just outside the entrance to Port Everglades which offers shuttle service. If you use Thrifty, try the Orlando Magicard discount code: 004M001010 (card can be obtained free online).

So if I'm returning a car to Thrifty/Dollar then I wouldn't even need to go to the airport but rather to the Port? Am I correct? I am driving in from Daytona and need to drop the car off and get to the ship (Carn Freedom) very quickly.

Thanks for the insight

So if I'm returning a car to Thrifty/Dollar then I wouldn't even need to go to the airport but rather to the Port? Am I correct? I am driving in from Daytona and need to drop the car off and get to the ship (Carn Freedom) very quickly.

Thanks for the insight

That is correct. When renting with Thrifty, chose the 'Off-Airport' Fort Lauderdale office - it is situated at 2400 South Miami Road, right at the entrance to the port. I do recommend getting there early, however, as it can get a bit hectic on cruise days - there were something like 10 ships in the day we returned the car, and combined with nearby road works and port traffic, the area was a madhouse! Everything within Thrifty's control, however, worked quite efficiently.

Thank you. Looks like both budget and thrifty have off-airport locations in that general area and both offer shuttles to the piers. Now I can get on websites to look for best deals :)

We used Budget Car Rentals in January. They do not offer a shuttle from the pier to the airport. We took the shuttle to the airport from the pier and the driver was nice enough to take us. She asked what agency we were using. I have heard they ask for your rental papers.

• 2 weeks later...
We used Budget Car Rentals in January. They do not offer a shuttle from the pier to the airport. We took the shuttle to the airport from the pier and the driver was nice enough to take us. She asked what agency we were using. I have heard they ask for your rental papers.

Are you saying that if you need a shuttle ride, you have to rent from the off-airport location in Fort Lauderdale?

I'm planning to rent a car from Orlando and drop off in Fort Lauderdale the morning of the cruise, then reverse when the cruise gets back in.

I currently have two one-way rentals, MCO to FLL and then FLL to MCO. Sounds like I need to change the Fort Lauderdale locations, is that correct?

Theron

I used Thrifty with an airport pick up - their car rental hub, with a return to the above pier location. Two different places.

They did then shuttle to the cruise ships, of course tip, but was a "free" shuttle. There is a gas station right across the street, if needed.

This is current information 2-10

Is that a free shuttle to the pier - I am assuming it is? I found Budget to be the best for our needs.

We used Budget in February and dropped the car off at The Quay Shopping center on 17th Street (less than 2 blocks from the port). First we dropped the luggage off at the ship/port around 11AM, drove to the car rental drop-off area, ate lunch, and then had them shuttle us to the port. Yes it's free with the rental. Barb:)

Ok, my blood pressure is starting to rise.

I have a Budget reservation from MCO to FLL the day before my cruise, 24 hour rental, one-way, typical cheap Florida rate.

Day of return, same thing, reservation from FLL to MCO, 10 hour rental, same good rate.

Now I see that Budget has a location closer to the cruise terminal, and I'm not sure that they offer a free shuttle between the port and the airport.

The rate from MCO to the Quay location is the same as to FLL. However, the 10 hour rental from the Quay location back to MCO is FIFTY dollars higher!

What's the deal? I could still save money by paying for a shuttle/taxi to the airport and renting there.

This does not make consumers happy.

Thoughts or advice?

Theron

Archived