Atlantis Water Park - Worth the Price?

megmno

How does the Atlantis water park compare to other water parks such as Hershey Park's Boardwalk or New Jersey's Adventureland or Long Island's Splish Splash? While my family likes water parks, the price of Atlantis is kind of off-putting.... If anyone can give us a comparison level it would be really helpful. We have two teenagers, ages 13 and 17.

Atlantis is not like any other water park I've been to. It's in a class by itself. Yes, it's expensive, but we felt our day there was well worth it. I think your teens would love it. Our 12 year did but so did the 40 and 42 year olds. :) Definitely worth doing if you like water parks.

It's like comparing lobster to canned tuna! It's not a traditional waterpark. There are fewer rides and slides, but the ones that have are absolutely amazing! It's very spread out - be prepared to walk. It's stunning. The "lazy river" is super-long, fast, bumpy, goes up a hill... There are beaches with waves and calm waters. You also can't compare The Dig with a regular aquarium.

We love waterparks (indoor and outdoor), and this was nothing like a waterpark, IMHO - it was a different experience.

How does the Atlantis water park compare to other water parks such as Hershey Park's Boardwalk or New Jersey's Adventureland or Long Island's Splish Splash? While my family likes water parks, the price of Atlantis is kind of off-putting.... If anyone can give us a comparison level it would be really helpful. We have two teenagers, ages 13 and 17.

My grandson likes Splish Splash better (and a season pass is less expensive that a day pass at Atlantis.) He was disappointed that the slide thru the shark tank was so fast you didn't even know you went thru it.

He's 11.

Take a look online at the details and use the map on the website as well.

Our itinerary has changed and we are getting into port earlier and leaving earlier. Does anyone know what time in August the water park opens? I tried to find the hours on the website but could not. We get into port at 7:00 AM and leave at 2:00 PM. To me, this may not be enough time for the money.

Thanks,

Tim

Our itinerary has changed and we are getting into port earlier and leaving earlier. Does anyone know what time in August the water park opens? I tried to find the hours on the website but could not. We get into port at 7:00 AM and leave at 2:00 PM. To me, this may not be enough time for the money.

Thanks,

Tim

The waterpark opens at 10am. Closes around 6:30pm in the summer months.

My grandson likes Splish Splash better (and a season pass is less expensive that a day pass at Atlantis.) He was disappointed that the slide thru the shark tank was so fast you didn't even know you went thru it.

He's 11.

But if you do the tube ride through the shark tank, you slow way down and definitely know you are in the shark tank! In fact, our double tube practically stopped and we had plenty of time to check out the sharks. I was there in March and we encountered very few lines. I think it was totally worth the $$.

How much is the day pass if you purchase there? I've checked their website and can't find it. I understand the taxi is around $4 per person. Our ships excursions start at $199 and I wanted to compare pricing. I've been to Nassau before and was not impressed with the town, so this could be a great option. We also may just be interested in the aquarium/beach if that's a possibility. Thanks it looks like a great time.

Archived