New Options on RCCL Website Pre-Cruise - They Stink

So, this is our first cruise on RCCL since 2007 (Liberty of the Seas). I start checking out the pre-cruise website, to see what shore excursions I might be interested in (None). Then, I come to find out the following:

I can book my Chops and Portofino reservations in advance (do have to pay the charges up front but can cancel/change 24 hours in advance).

I can book the soda package up front - it will be ready for me when I arrive.

I even have the option of booking a juice package up front.

So, can someone tell me, now that I don't have to run around on the first day getting soda cards and making dinner reservations (which has always taken a good hour, at least), WHAT IS ONE TO DO? :)

So, this is our first cruise on RCCL since 2007 (Liberty of the Seas). I start checking out the pre-cruise website, to see what shore excursions I might be interested in (None). Then, I come to find out the following:

I can book my Chops and Portofino reservations in advance (do have to pay the charges up front but can cancel/change 24 hours in advance).

I can book the soda package up front - it will be ready for me when I arrive.

So, can someone tell me, now that I don't have to run around on the first day getting soda cards and making dinner reservations (which has always taken a good hour, at least), WHAT IS ONE TO DO? :)

Drink a LOT of soda with your prepaid soda card!!!

so, this is our first cruise on rccl since 2007 (liberty of the seas). I start checking out the pre-cruise website, to see what shore excursions i might be interested in (none). Then, i come to find out the following:

I can book my chops and portofino reservations in advance (do have to pay the charges up front but can cancel/change 24 hours in advance).

I can book the soda package up front - it will be ready for me when i arrive.

So, can someone tell me, now that i don't have to run around on the first day getting soda cards and making dinner reservations (which has always taken a good hour, at least), what is one to do? :)

How about EAT???

Ah yes, boredom on a cruise ship, a common problem ;-)

But, say an eager new RCCL cruiser wanted to book times for My Time Dining, how would she decide when she has no idea when the shows are going to be, eh?

Looks to me like the welcome aboard show is at 7:45pm, but for the other nights, it's not clear.

So RCCL web site has a while to go before they answer EVERY questions newbies have!

Ah yes, boredom on a cruise ship, a common problem ;-)

But, say an eager new RCCL cruiser wanted to book times for My Time Dining, how would she decide when she has no idea when the shows are going to be, eh?

Looks to me like the welcome aboard show is at 7:45pm, but for the other nights, it's not clear.

So RCCL web site has a while to go before they answer EVERY questions newbies have!

Your daily "newsletter", the Cruise Compass, will be left in your cabin by your steward every evening for the next day. You will be able to see what the entertainment is, and when it will occur, so that you can make your dinner plans accordingly.

Ah another person that thinks that giving a thread a negative title will make more people look at it. Exactly what is it that "stinks" about the ability to book things Pre Cruise? or did you like standing in queues. Surely there are enough genuine gripes out there without making out something is wrong from nothing.

Your daily "newsletter", the Cruise Compass, will be left in your cabin by your steward every evening for the next day. You will be able to see what the entertainment is, and when it will occur, so that you can make your dinner plans accordingly.

Right, but being an eager beaver I want to know NOW!!! And besides, one of the options on the RCCL web site is to book all your My Time Dining dinners before you even set foot on the ship. But that would be silly when you don't even know what events will take place at what time!!! But don't worry, I'll get over it and wait, wait, wait, wait, what is it now? 109 days I believe?

Archived