Costa Atlantica/Lunches/Room Service

fallbeauty

Hiya

Just curious...on past cruises i have ordered room service in the morning (sandwiches) and packed them in my backpack for lunch at port (i'm on a budget as always!) can you do this on the Atlantica? Have heard several things on room service and a little unclear.

thanks!

rita

Hello again,

I think the only thing you can order is a continental breakfast (croissant, danish, coffee, juice, cereal). I suppose you could go up to the sandwich bar on deck 9 if you wanted to pack a lunch, although I'm not sure exactly when the sandwiches become available.

We found it just as easy (and more affordable) to skip back onboard for lunch, before heading out for some more exploring in the afternoon.

fallbeauty,

We just returned from a 1/16 sailing of the Costa Atlantica and we were glad to see they did offer an assortment of things on their room service menu. As the last poster said, they do not offer cooked breakfast in the room, only continental. However, they did offer about 6 cold sandwiches, 2 different soups, 3 salads, a few different desserts and drink options. I believe there was a few other things, but I forgot to make a list before we left the ship (I was going to post it here it!)

Anyway, we were in a balcony cabin on deck 5, so I would assume this would be the menu in the regular, non-suite cabins. Room service wasn't available 24/7, but I believe there was only a window of a few hours in the early morning (4-6am?) that there was no service. Hope this helps!

Christina

Hi Christina,

Don't tell me we missed out on some room service options...:)

My husband had a quick look at the menu when we checked in, but was under the impression you could only order room service ( other than breakfast ) if you were sick and could not make it to the dining room or buffet.

We were also on deck 5 -- great cabins, aren't they?

Linda

You can order continental breakfast (cold cereal, juice, coffee, tea and danish etc). You can also order sandwiches (very good by the way) soup and salad. We had lunch on our balcony after Key West and it was great. Also a limited selection of desserts were offered.:)

Archived