Question about Anytime Dining

LizardBeth

We are lucky enough to get a suite on our upcoming cruise. I know we get VIP boarding but do we also get VIP seating with Anytime Dining? I guess what I want to know is, will our wait be shorter if there is a line? I think our PVP said we would but I'm not sure if I heard her correctly. Thanks for any responses. -Lizard

I don't believe so. I know if you are platinum, you get your preferred dining time or guaranteed anytime dining if that is what you prefer, but I think once you indicate what your preference is, that is all...I think with a suite VIP, all you really get is the VIP checkin.. Good luck and happy cruising

We had a suite on our March sailing on the Victory, and chose the Anytime Dining option. There was no priority given for Anytime seating. But then again, we had only one instance where we had to wait for a table, and that was for all of 10 minutes. Gave us a pager and adjourned to a nearby lounge. No problem at all. And on most nights, we requested a specific waiter. So, while you won't get any sort of priority 'perk' for being in a suite, assuming your experience is the same as ours, it's not all that valuable of a perk in any case.

If you have a group larger than 4, you may consider traditional dining. You may have to wait for a table.

Wdnoble999, I noticed you are from Indiana. Noble County perhaps? My mother's side of the family live in Kendallville. Dad was raised around Auburn. I was born in Angola. I'm heading there in just a couple of weeks.

We just got off the Glory and really enjoyed the anytime dining option. You walk in and they ask you for your room number and print out a ticket with your name on it which they hand to the waiter (he/she will refer to your names throughout the dinner).

We usually had a choice of the area or waiter that we wanted. We only had to wait one time, and it was about 10 minutes.

Our waitress told us that they have priority with the food orders, so it moves more quickly in this dining room

If you have a group larger than 4, you may consider traditional dining. You may have to wait for a table.

Wdnoble999, I noticed you are from Indiana. Noble County perhaps? My mother's side of the family live in Kendallville. Dad was raised around Auburn. I was born in Angola. I'm heading there in just a couple of weeks.

Could be Noblesville too. We are in Anderson; Noblesville is between us and Indy.

My wife and I had a cruise on the Freedom in March. We tried the anytime dining. Now granted, that we were only two but never had to wait. EVER. Just thought you may want to know

I leave on the Ecstasy on Monday and this will be our 1st experience with anytime dining. We're Platinum, but I don't think any of those perks extend to the wait time once we get to the DR. We only booked this cruise about 2 weeks ago and were initially waitlisted for anytime, but by the time the reservation showed up in Carnivals system we were confirmed Anytime.

Thanks a bunch for all the responses! Even if we have to wait, having a drink in a nearby lounge sounds like a great way to pass the time. :D Besides, we'll be on vacation just like cb at sea reminded me, a perk in itself!.

Could be Noblesville too. We are in Anderson; Noblesville is between us and Indy.

No relationship to either Noble county or Noblesville. We live in Fort Wayne. We do head up to Noble County every once in awhile for a round or two of golf at Cobblestone or Noble Hawk, if that counts.

For anytime dining, did you usually sit by yourself or with others? I think I've read they ask your preference each night, but I was wondering what most people preferred. I enjoy meeting and eating with others.

For anytime dining, did you usually sit by yourself or with others? I think I've read they ask your preference each night, but I was wondering what most people preferred. I enjoy meeting and eating with others.

It is totally up to you if you want a shared table or sit with just your group. I liked mixing it up depending on my mood, great way to meet people!

Can not say enough good things about anytime dining. Best thing Carnival has come up IMO. Love it and I probably wouldn't go back to a cruise without it. We always get a table for 2, no wait. If we wanted we could be seated with others I guess but we like to dine together without entertaining other guests for dinner.

Love the Anytime Dining. Last cruise 2 nights had a table for 2 the other nights a table for 4. I too like sitting with others, so I guess if you ask to be seated with others it's possible to have to wait until they have others they can seat you with. We just took what was available right then. This cruise we will probably ask to be seated with others every night and see what happens. If we have to wait a little while that will be fine.

Archived