silly question streamers

smudgie

Ok I know this is a silly question but I have to know...did anyone every see the LOVE BOAT tv show..and at the start of the show it would show people tossing streamers on to the dock...do they do that any more? I bet it made a hell of a mess...

Sure I watched Love Boat in my younger days. No, there are no streamers any more. The closest I have come to seeing streamers was in Yangon, Myanmar. There they tied long ribbons to the ship and stretch them out. People on the pier hold them until they broke as we sailed away. It was supposed to make us come back. I guess it worked. We sailed their last November and went back on a land tour in January

My first cruise was in 1995 and there were no streamers. I was disappointed after watching this on the Love Boat show and seeing old photos/movies. I'm sure it was an environmental decision but it looked like fun!

In the past, cruises were transportation. People sailed to Europe or Asia. They were gone for a long time. Family and friends came to the port to say goodbye. There were sailaway parties in many cabins before the non-passengers had to get off. As the ship sailed people threw streamers and waved to their family and friends on the pier.

In the past, cruises were transportation. People sailed to Europe or Asia. They were gone for a long time. Family and friends came to the port to say goodbye. There were sailaway parties in many cabins before the non-passengers had to get off. As the ship sailed people threw streamers and waved to their family and friends on the pier.

I'm sure you know already but they are starting to allow guests on the ship again. You can have lunch and explore the ship etc. before sailaway.

There were streamers for one of the deck parties on my last cruise, but just for throwing on the deck. They were out of them by the time we got there. There were also streamers for New Years Eve on that cruise for the balloon drop in the Grand Atrium.

Unfortunately, streamers are a thing of the past, as others have mentioned. Princess does like their streamers though - you'll see them at the deck party, and I have also seen them handed out at the champagne waterfall and "New Year's" party. Enjoy!

Archived