Private Shore excursion civitavecchia to Rome

jupiter31

Has anyone used to tour company Drivers Guide Services Rome? I am looking for a private tour to pick us up at the port, show us Rome and return us to the ship, on time! This one is local and claims to be able to get us in the attraactions without waiting, Anyone have any ideas?

I agree with the other responder that there is an operator here with 492+ posts that does a very good job. You could spend a good hour reading that thread to decide if they will show you Rome without wait ;) Unless price or schedule makes them not an option they are the smart choice. I know if I was ever to do a private tour in Italy and Duman is still running RIL he is my man!

Has anyone used to tour company Drivers Guide Services Rome? I am looking for a private tour to pick us up at the port, show us Rome and return us to the ship, on time! This one is local and claims to be able to get us in the attraactions without waiting, Anyone have any ideas?

Can the tour companies and taxis get right to the cruise ship or do the passengers have to ride the bus from the ship to the trerminal building and meet their tours there?

We just returned from our cruise. Our party of 8 took a wonderful shore excursion through limousineserviceinrome.com. We were picked up right at the ship in a modern van. Our guide, Fabio, grew up in Toronto and his English is perfect. Very professional and courteous. Price for an 8 hour tour was reasonable.

We heard about them but on our last shore excursion in the Mediterranean Sea, we used a different company www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.com

They gave us a great service and we avoid lines in Rome (we entered the Colosseum and the Vatican right away) and in Florence the Academia Museum as well.

For sure we will use them again for our next excursion we are going to do next May.

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from our cruise. Our party of 8 took a wonderful shore excursion through limousineserviceinrome.com. We were picked up right at the ship in a modern van. Our guide, Fabio, grew up in Toronto and his English is perfect. Very professional and courteous. Price for an 8 hour tour was reasonable.

Can you tell me what the price was for 8 pax? Was tip included? Tks.

Me and my wife just came back to Germany from our Mediterranean cruise on "Norwegian Jade" and we can give one more vote to www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.net and www.driverinrome.com

We used both companies for our private shore excursions, the first one at Civitavecchia Port on our way to Rome and the second one at Livorno Port on our way to Pisa and Florence.

What great experiences we had. Very professional English speaking drivers and a lot of fun.

We would highly recommend both to you!!

Peter:):)

We heard about them but on our last shore excursion in the Mediterranean Sea, we used a different company www.shoreexcursionsinitaly.com

They gave us a great service and we avoid lines in Rome (we entered the Colosseum and the Vatican right away) and in Florence the Academia Museum as well.

For sure we will use them again for our next excursion we are going to do next May.

I haven't heard of them. Personally, I'd only consider going with the 2 companies that are so highly rated on this site (RomeCabs and RomeInLimo.)

I agree... why chance your time and money on a company you are not sure of. I can personally recommend RomeinLimo for tours and transfers. They are incredible. RomeCabs is a great company and is very popular with transfers, but I prefer RomeinLimo for touring.

I would also be skeptical of anyone recommending a tour with only ONE post under their screen name. :o

Archived