calica

dengirl

one of the stops we will have is in Calica. I was wanting to go to Playa Del Carmen . I read it is about 5 minutes away. can anyone tell me about how much a cab ride is and if its worth going there instead. I see theres not much in Calica and didnt want to go to the xcart place.. i think thats what it is called. thanks

According to the PDC forum on Tripadvisor it's a $10 cab ride. Xcaret and Xel ha are both incredible wildlife parks. If you'd rather walk the beaches or go shopping Playa Del Carmen is where you want to be. We'll be in PDC in June for the 8th time, never been to Calica, we LOVE PDC and Cozumel for the snorkeling and scuba diving.

On the Holiday, we stopped in Calica. Calica is basically a site, which I was told is an American company. There's no development around it, just a place to park a ship. I did the Tulum excursion through Carnival, which I loved. We got back to the ship at 1:00, leaving enough time to grab a cab to Playa del Carman. It was $13 one-way, with 4 of us in the cab. It's very pretty in PDC. The beach is really nice, souvenirs are very cheap.:D I wish so much that there were more Cozumel/Calica cruises, like it was 5 years ago.

We were in Calica - took the Tulum tour from there - you get off the ship and all the tour buses are parked right there! Otherwise, it is nothing spectacular. But I will say there are a couple vendors at the port with some really great deals!

Here's a pic of us enjoying some Corona at the "refreshment" vendor at Calica:

DSC01740.jpg.75207799873d59b99280f087af0b6c91.jpg

• 2 months later...
According to the PDC forum on Tripadvisor it's a $10 cab ride. Xcaret and Xel ha are both incredible wildlife parks. If you'd rather walk the beaches or go shopping Playa Del Carmen is where you want to be. We'll be in PDC in June for the 8th time, never been to Calica, we LOVE PDC and Cozumel for the snorkeling and scuba diving.

Where did you snorkel at in PDC? We would like to snorkel the day we stop in calica but we are with Carnival and there arent many to choose from..Thanks!

Archived