Tampa Hotels

teetmo

Hi All

I am cruising out of Tampa in August and looking for a hotel with a view of the ships...any suggestions? I looked at Embassy Suits, but they are sold out:confused:

We will be on the ship with you! I have looked at a few other downtown hotels and finding they are sold out as well. Wonder if something is going on that weekend?

• 3 weeks later...
It is less expensive on their website, and close to the port. The reviews on TripAdvisor are not that great, but, how bad can it be for 1 night?:)

You should Priceline it. We got it for ~$70 ALL IN.

Don't believe the reviews. It's a very nice hotel, nice location (not the best) but good enough. Taxi to the port is $5 (minimum charge) as it's only about 3/4 of a mile away. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Just do a 3.5* downtown Tampa with offers of $55-60. With taxes and fees you should get it for no more than $75 total.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites Westgate in Tampa several times before a cruise. It is across from a mall and several restaurants, and has free shuttle from the airport. They do not advertise it, but they also offer a shuttle the next day to the cruise port for $10 per person.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites Westgate in Tampa several times before a cruise. It is across from a mall and several restaurants, and has free shuttle from the airport. They do not advertise it, but they also offer a shuttle the next day to the cruise port for $10 per person.

We have stayed here also and have had no complaints about it, we ate ate Maggiano's across the street and had a feast. Would have no problems staying here again and the taxi wasn't very expensive to the port.

You should Priceline it. We got it for ~$70 ALL IN.

Don't believe the reviews. It's a very nice hotel, nice location (not the best) but good enough. Taxi to the port is $5 (minimum charge) as it's only about 3/4 of a mile away. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Just do a 3.5* downtown Tampa with offers of $55-60. With taxes and fees you should get it for no more than $75 total.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Hi the only problem I have with Priceline is there are about 5 families traveling with us, and I am not sure we would all get the same hotel..unless one person makes the reservation....but I will let everyone know. Thanks!:)

I realize that this is not near the port, but we got a great deal on a St.Pete Beach front hotel. www.supershuttle.com will pick you up at the airport take you to the hotel and then to the port the next morning. www.aldenbeachresort.com is an all suite hotel directly on the beach with all of the frills, Beach bar, beach toy rentals, a dolphin watch cruise, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, tennis courts etc.... We got a Bermuda King suite for around $100 with our AAA card. The Tampa airport is next to the Howard Franklin bridge which connects Tampa to St.Pete, so the drive is mostly interstate the entire way. It is about a 20 minute drive. Sometimes you cannot even get to Downtown Tampa this quick. We have stayed there several times and can tell you it is clean, very nice and a bargain for the price. The hotel is very customer service oriented, this is why we keep returning.

Also, just let them know if you have an early flight and they will do their best to have your room ready when you get there. We always fly in early to make the most of our beach time. If your room isn't quite ready, they will hold your luggage and give you your room cards. They have a pool side bathroom/shower area so you can change into your swim suits and use their pool and beach area until your room is ready.

Good Luck to you-have a great cruise. :)

I realize that this is not near the port, but we got a great deal on a St.Pete Beach front hotel. www.supershuttle.com will pick you up at the airport take you to the hotel and then to the port the next morning.

Do you know how much a shuttle from TPA to St. Pete and then to Channelside, for 6 families would cost?

We're talking hundred$

Do you know how much a shuttle from TPA to St. Pete and then to Channelside, for 6 families would cost?

We're talking hundred$

From Tpa airport to the hotel on St.Pete Bch the Super-shuttle was around $20 pp. For our upcoming cruise we were quoted $23 pp to the port. Since there are so many of you, inquire about a group discount, or check into a van style cab. The shuttle or cab may cost just a few dollars more to get to the beach-VS-a Tampa hotel but in our opinion a day on the beach makes it well worth it. :)

From Tpa airport to the hotel on St.Pete Bch the Super-shuttle was around $20 pp. For our upcoming cruise we were quoted $23 pp to the port. Since there are so many of you, inquire about a group discount, or check into a van style cab. The shuttle or cab may cost just a few dollars more to get to the beach-VS-a Tampa hotel but in our opinion a day on the beach makes it well worth it. :)

I don't know what 6 families means but let's assume about 15 people plus luggage. Even at a discount rate of $15 pp, we're talking $225 plus tip.

Then you got another $225 to the port....

As I said, we're talking hundred$.....

but perhaps beach is not as important to me as I lived here for the last 15 years....

I don't know what 6 families means but let's assume about 15 people plus luggage. Even at a discount rate of $15 pp, we're talking $225 plus tip.

Then you got another $225 to the port....

As I said, we're talking hundred$.....

but perhaps beach is not as important to me as I lived here for the last 15 years....

The rate from the Airport to the beach was just for my BF and I. Super Shuttle does have group rates. I realize that with a group you may be a little limited as far as the transportation issue. Perhaps you could find a hotel in Tampa with a free hotel shuttle and a shuttle to the port. The LaQuinta Tampa Airport may fit the bill. We stayed there once, (not for a cruise) and they did pick up at the airport for free. Had a nice morning breakfast, a beautiful pool and lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. It is in a nice clean area about 1 mile from the airport and 6.5 miles from the port. We paid $62 per night with our AAA card.

Good luck to you and your group. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. :)

The rate from the Airport to the beach was just for my BF and I. Super Shuttle does have group rates. I realize that with a group you may be a little limited as far as the transportation issue. Perhaps you could find a hotel in Tampa with a free hotel shuttle and a shuttle to the port. The LaQuinta Tampa Airport may fit the bill. We stayed there once, (not for a cruise) and they did pick up at the airport for free. Had a nice morning breakfast, a beautiful pool and lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. It is in a nice clean area about 1 mile from the airport and 6.5 miles from the port. We paid $62 per night with our AAA card.

Good luck to you and your group. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. :)

It's not me nor my group. I was just replying to the OP....;)

Anyways, another possibility is the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. I believe they do run an airport shuttle, but it has to be pre-arranged and then they will shuttle the guests to the port.

Ybor City area has many nice restaurants, nightlife, etc....

It's not me nor my group. I was just replying to the OP....;)

Anyways, another possibility is the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. I believe they do run an airport shuttle, but it has to be pre-arranged and then they will shuttle the guests to the port.

Ybor City area has many nice restaurants, nightlife, etc....

Yes, I did see this after reading down a couple of posts. I just looked at the very first one and was just trying to be helpful as we visit Tampa Bay a few times each year and it was mentioned that there were some booking problems with hotels being full in Tampa for August. I just mentioned St.Pete thinking this might be an option.

Archived