Shore Excursions Port Canaveral

happyfaerie

Anyone ever take the folliwng excusrions?

Fun & Sun Day : Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Limbo, limbo, limbo! Break out your fun hat and enjoy a day at Cocoa Beach's 27-acre ocean front resort. Swim in the ocean, the Olympic-size pool or kids' 'pirate ship' pool.

Wondering if its a good one if we just want to lie on the beach with our toddler. Is this area a nice part of the beach? is it private?

Last time we just hoped a cab to the beach near Port Canaveral but since we wont have a carseat i feel more safe with a bus provided by the cruiseline. plus its less to worry about.

thanks

C

Two years ago, we did this excursion with our children and grandchildren. It is a great tour for the little ones and we had a wonderful day both at the beach and using the facilities of the Holiday Inn. The kids loved the pirate pool on their property and the beach was clean and not crowded. I think this is a good choice for both the children and adults. Enjoy!

Does anyone know the cost of this excursion? per person including young children? and how many hours? Our day at Port Canaveral is 12 noon to 10pm. I dont know if all of the stops are the same hours

I cant seem to access the NCL excursion page. (I actually have problem accessing all NCL webpages for some reason)

And another FYI...the Holiday Inn has now been switched to a hotel called International Palms.

There are lots of pictures on line if you search for that hotel name so you can see the facility.

I am leaning towards learning about this excursion or getting a day rate at another hotel nearby that also has a kid pool. Trying to weigh my different options.

I will be at Port Canaveral on Memorial Day, so dont want to travel too far, esp. if not with a chartered excursion! I will be traveling with my two preschool age children.

We did this 3 years ago, and it was very relaxing. The hotel was clean, as were the pools, and the beach was nice and not crowded. We got off the shuttle at Ron Jons and did a little shopping on our way back to the ship. Trying to decide if we should do this again, or just take a cab to the public beach by Ron Jons to save $.

Hmm - I went on the website, and I can book a room for $95, including all taxes and fees. There are 9 of us, and I think the excursion is $40 a person, including transportation. It would be cheaper, even with cab fare, to book 2 rooms. Has anyone ever done this?

I asked around on the Florida boards if anyone has done it (there is much talk about people getting rooms at other ports, that is what gave me the idea!)

Noone on the Florida board really responded as have doing it, ...but I think it is a great idea!

I specifically asked about day rates instead of overnight, since I would be getting to the hotel before check in time.

We did this excursion on the Gem 3/20/10 cruise. The pool was nice with lounge chairs but the same could be said for the pool on the ship. If you wanted a chair at the beach, you had to pay extra. The beach water was very cold and a strong undertow, few people in the water. I think you are better off going to Cocoa Beach on your own if the weather and ocean temperature are ideal. They have inexpensive vans going to Cocoa Beach from the dock, why pay $40. per person?

Anyone ever take the folliwng excusrions?

Fun & Sun Day : Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Limbo, limbo, limbo! Break out your fun hat and enjoy a day at Cocoa Beach's 27-acre ocean front resort. Swim in the ocean, the Olympic-size pool or kids' 'pirate ship' pool.

Wondering if its a good one if we just want to lie on the beach with our toddler. Is this area a nice part of the beach? is it private?

Last time we just hoped a cab to the beach near Port Canaveral but since we wont have a carseat i feel more safe with a bus provided by the cruiseline. plus its less to worry about.

thanks

C

This sure sounds like the same place we went on our RCCL cruise a few years ago. We definitely enjoyed it for both the beach and the pool areas at the time my children were 4 & 9.

were on the jewel may 1st and one of our stops is port canaveral, however the next two are the GSC private island ( nothing BUT beach) and we are doing the atlantis in nassau.. id be hard pressed to pay to swim in a pool at PC thats free on the ship, especially when the next two days are beach days... i think we are just staying on the ship in PC and having a spa day and soaking up the sun on lido... i can smell the burgers already : )

were on the jewel may 1st and one of our stops is port canaveral, however the next two are the GSC private island ( nothing BUT beach) and we are doing the atlantis in nassau.. id be hard pressed to pay to swim in a pool at PC thats free on the ship, especially when the next two days are beach days... i think we are just staying on the ship in PC and having a spa day and soaking up the sun on lido... i can smell the burgers already : )

Hi neighbor, my sentiments exactly. We will be doing the same itinerary next year on the Jewel and we plan to spend the day in Port Canaveral poolside on the ship. We plan to go ashore only to mail some post cards at the mobile post office parked near the dock. One of the few ports where your post cards will get home before you do (bring US postage).

• 1 month later...

bumping up...

i still cant access NCL website.

does anyone know the cost of this FUn and Sun excursion?

For kids and adults?

Thanks

Still weighing my options for the day...want to get off the ship, but dont want to venture too far since the day we dock in PC will be Memorial Day.

ALso, if anyone knows how much the shuttle only is pls share that info too!

Archived