Star New Cabin Update

rsohn65820

Just recieved this email this morning from my PCC at NCL. If you go to NCL and try to book one of the cruise's on the Star after 7/17/2010 the cabin's come up as available with the pricing. They still have not changed the deck plan and there are no pictures.

Good morning Reba – Here is information that was just sent to the team this morning! Wanted to share with you – Let me know what you think….

Thank you,

New staterooms are being built on the Norwegian Star!

These staterooms are available for sailings beginning July 17, 2010 and going forward.

The A2, AH and AJ will have a nice interior finish with floor to ceiling windows. The views will be spectacular as they are on Deck 12. The A2s will have almost the same view from the Captain Bridge. AH and AJ are new categories.

Because of the spectacular view from these staterooms, Alaska sailings will be the hottest in town!

A total 54 new staterooms please see all the details below:

# of cabins

Category

Sq. Ft.

Occupancy

Comments

A2

4 OR 6

Beautiful views, front of ship. No balcony.

Ah

These have 66 sq ft balconies.

AJ

Floor to ceiling window. No balcony. High occupancy. Note the 6 people!

I

Normal inside staterooms

II

Normal inside staterooms, high deck

JJ

Normal inside staterooms

These new categories don't show up when I try to book the Panama Canal cruise 10/1/11...:confused:

Don't forget that all cabins in all ships are getting re-categorized next Spring. If you are looking to book for Oct 2011, you won't find them under current cabin designators.

These new categories don't show up when I try to book the Panama Canal cruise 10/1/11...:confused:

I think that's because after April 2011 the recategorization takes effect. These categories will no longer exist. All the cruises prior to April 2011 show these new rooms.

I can see them, so try again. They still don't show the new deck plan, nor do they really describe the cabins. It looks like there are 28 new suites, including a whole bunch of SJ (family suites) for six, SG (penthouse with balcony) for four, and SA (deluxe), also for four, along with new inside cabins. It's tempting!

Got it. I was looking for the categories listed...which of course don't exist anymore (in the world of October 2011). Not confusing in the least! :D

You thinking you'll move & leave me all alone in the aft? ;)

I thought the A2 sounded kind of cool for Alaska with the floor to ceiling windows with almost the same view as the captains bridge.

If you are above the bridge I wonder if you have to keep your drapes closed at night like you would in the AC's down below? I would really like to see some pictures but I suppose they won't have any of those until they are done in July. Guess I will just keep my AE penthouse. Maybe the upsell fairy will call me.:D

According to NCL, the A2 is considered an owner's suite, AJ is a Family Suite, and AH is a balcony suite???? Why would they have "balcony" in the suite category?

If I remember correctly, in one of the other threads, it was stated that none of the new staterooms would have a balcony. I guess this proves them wrong. :eek:

Does this mean the new rooms are replacing the Spinnaker? Any idea where they are? Thanks for posting, the AJ's are going to save my family a ton of money!:):):):):)

Yes, I believe that the forward Spinnaker lounge is now gone.

Yes, I agree,it seems great. Especially since they are priced below anAB which

have small balconys anyway. I'm waiting to see it the bathroom is as luxurious

as an AB.

HLP

I've only seen this is the NCL Deck plan page for the Sun; there is a link at the top of the normal deck plan page saying to click for sailings on/after Apr 23, 2011. That opens up a PDF page with info and pics on the rooms and revised deck plans. It looks primarily like they are remarketing rooms but type/code, but also mixing up room type all across decks that have been all one thing...like all BC on 2 decks .. now are all multi-colored and mixed by type. So the room I have in Sep 2011 as a BD is currently a BC.

It looks like they are reclassifying all the connecting staterooms as "Family" rooms.

This may or may not apply to other ships, but could give you an idea if you don't see such a link for the other ships.

Full suites- new catagories because of occupancy changes. They all start with S (suite,full)It is easier to figure out looking at the 2011 sailings, I think. Pricing is great right now, but I suspect once things all settle in, that will change. Anyway, I pounced on the SA, A2. I figure if they are going to give it this classification , it must be pretty swanky!! Anyway, I love it when they decide to invest some $$ in giving an older ship some TLC. I know the motive is fo NCL's revenue, but that is fine with me and it always means a unique ship for us to check out!!

I have blindly booked a family suite (cat AJ) for the 7/17 sailing. I have virtually no idea what I have booked other than the fact that I got a great price for a suite that will hold 6. I am PRAYING that it has some sort of separate bedroom and living room layout! I have two little ones (2 and 4) that go to bed at 7:30. If there is no separate space, it means that we will ALL go to bed at 7:30. NCL couldn't possibly make a 409 sf suite that is one giant room! (could they????)

I have blindly booked a family suite (cat AJ) for the 7/17 sailing. I have virtually no idea what I have booked other than the fact that I got a great price for a suite that will hold 6. I am PRAYING that it has some sort of separate bedroom and living room layout! I have two little ones (2 and 4) that go to bed at 7:30. If there is no separate space, it means that we will ALL go to bed at 7:30. NCL couldn't possibly make a 409 sf suite that is one giant room! (could they????)

Did you book through NCL? They should have been able to tell you the room configuration. I was just talking to my PCC at NCL yesterday. She was looking at the full descriptions that she has for all the rooms and she could tell how many beds and what size of bed and the location of the cabin on the ship. The A2 has a bedroom seperate from the living area the bedroom has a king bed and the bed for the other two people would be a king convertable sofa. She said the A2 that we were looking at which I think was cabin 12000 is on the port side of the ship. So you should be able to call NCL and get a description of the cabin.

I booked through NCL directly and the agent wasn't able to give me a description beyond "floor to ceiling windows and will sleep 6". I have called back and spoken to several agents and still can't get a description. One agent told me that she would email the answer yesterday, but still haven't received anything. A local independent travel agent told me that it is just one big room with the sleeping area separated by a curtain. I find that hard to believe. How on earth would that configuration sleep 6?? Why would NCL use a 409 sf room that way? I am hoping that it is like the family suites on the ship that sails out of hawaii, where it is one bedroom with a queen, a living room with sleeper sofa and a small bunk bed sleeping alcove for kids. I have my fingers crossed!

I just called and here is everything I was told about the AJ:

2 twins that can be put together to be a Queen

1 double sofa bed

1 queen size murphy bed

1 shower

1 bathtub

no balcony

409 square feet

She couldn't find any mention of a separate area with a door, so she *thought* it might be all one big room. Uugghh! I'm going to have to rethink this!

Maybe try calling again and see if you get any different information? BTW, she had to start a new booking to get any info at all. There was nothing described in my current AJ booking.

Good Luck! Sounds like we all need it! I wish they would just publish the new deck plan!!

Has anyone seen a diagram of the new deck layout for 12 yet?

How about cabin layout?

Just wondering if any of the new cabins have a separate bedroom.

No deckplans yet

It does say that at least a couple of the Deluxe Owners have a kids room:

The Deluxe Owner's Suite sleeps up to six guests and offers a world of comfort with a living room, dining room, bedroom with king-size bed and some offer a separate children's bedroom. Guests will have an unforgettable experience in this suite with a convertible sofa, luxury bath with whirlpool tub and a wall of windows to enjoy the great view. Butler and concierge available.

It appears from the discription the family suite has a seperate living/dining area were 4 of 6 sleep:

Bring the whole gang because this suite sleeps up to six guests. It features a queen-size bed that converts to two lower beds, a sofa bed and additional bedding to sleep two more. Everyone can hang out in the living and dining area and there is a luxury bath with shower. Butler and concierge available.

Discriptions are on the booking engine

Archived