Which seats?

SunniLicious

Flying as a family of four - mom, dad, 5 yr old, 2 yr old.

Plane is two seats, aisle, two seats.

Would you prefer to be in one row all the way across, or would you sit on the same side of the aisle, with two of you seated directly behind the other two? And why?

We usually do all the way across (if it's 3 and 3 - there are 6 of us), as we find it easier to see each other. When we had one who liked to kick the seat, we once got a front-back combination while we worked on breaking that habit, so at least the brat kid kicking our seat was our own. (It was a short phase with training, but a strong-willed child.)

I would do two and two on the same side of the aisle. This way you are all together. The big reason I would do this if I had two kids is that both kids get a window seat and there will be no fighting. :) If the two year old is in his/her car seat they will make him sit on the window seat because of the car seat so the 5 year old will most likely be mad because he/she can't sit next to the window.

We only have the 3 of us, but we've occassionally booked last minute trips where we couldn't sit together. We've found it's better to sit across. Easier to pass the toddler (or climb over you on the aisle) to the other parent if need be and you aren't craning your neck to see what's going on behind you. Helps for that no-talking communication us parents have to have. ;)

Only caveat is the aforementioned seat kicking. :eek:

I would do two and two on the same side of the aisle. This way you are all together. The big reason I would do this if I had two kids is that both kids get a window seat and there will be no fighting.

Since each side of the aisle as only two seats, they can each have a window even if we sit all the way across.

There are no car seats involved.

I should've probably thought to include that info originally. :)

The two of us ALWAYS sit across the aisle from each other....I don't want to be stuck in a center seat...and neither does he.

2 aisle seats work fabulously. You can't see much from the window seat, anyway, and if you have to get up, it's a royal pain....and, you're last off the plane!

Really, tho, it's up to you...you do NOT have to be "joined at the hip" on the plane! Sit where you like!

Really, tho, it's up to you...you do NOT have to be "joined at the hip" on the plane! Sit where you like!

When there were two of us, I'd have agreed, but now that there's four of us, it's so much easier to stick together so we can both keep an eye on the small fry.

Sounds like across it is!

Since each side of the aisle as only two seats, they can each have a window even if we sit all the way across.

There are no car seats involved.

I should've probably thought to include that info originally. :)

I misread it. I read it as 2 seats, aisle (as in row of aisle seats) and then two seats. :) I would do side by side in that case.

After over 100 air segments as a family of four, I prefer 2 and 2 on the same side of the plane (ie 18 a, 18 b, 19 a, 19 b) as it is easier to talk and pass things around. DH prefers to book 18 a, 18 b, 18 c, and 2 a. :-)

Archived