Room & Ship Help / Question ??

cjankowski

Hi

I am thinking of booking our first balcony cabin and I need some help. I was looking at the Verandah OB rooms on either Inspiration or Legend. What are these rooms like? Are they worth the money? Can you still see out of them?

Also - What is the differences in the Inspiration & Legend ships?

I do not want to waste my money and I really need your input. We usually do inside rooms and I would love to do a balcony room, but I do not want to waste the money if it is not a good room.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE!!!!!!!!

Since you sailed on the Sensation, you already know what you need to know about the Inspiration. The Legend is much bigger, more balconies, more people, etc. etc.... Carnival's website and CC's ship reviews have great details bout the different amenities on either ship, but no matter what, I can't imagine how you are "wasting" money if you choose either ship, you still end up on a cruise! :)

No info on the rooms...

Thank you - for the ship information. That is what I thought, but wanted to be correct.

I just want my son to be happy with a room on that Verandah deck. I am sure he would be, but for us that type room is much more than an inside so want to make sure what I am getting before I book that type room.

Sounds to me like you are comparing a suite on one ship to a balcony on another? Inspiration doesnt have balcony category, but Legend does. The Legend is probably a better buy $$$ wise to me, as if all you want is a balcony, Legend will probably be cheaper?

A lower category suite on a Fantasy class ship is more like a regular balcony on a newer ship.

Do you have any specific room numbers that you can google? We always get a balcony, but have never had an obstructed view. Was recently looking at doing that for our upcoming May cruise. Found that most (I think) obstructed balconies have the obstructions just at the floor level (so you can't see the water), but some had the lifeboat right in front of them so there was almost no view. :eek: I think these weren't the norm, but I was especially worried about them.

For us, we really like looking down at the water, so we upgraded to a regular balcony. But, as long as it wasn't one of those majorly obstructed ones I mentioned, if this is the only way I would get a balcony, I'd still do it. But it would depend on your cruising habits. If you don't spend much time in your room, save your money and use it for something else. We have a toddler and it's like doubling our space and gives me a place to get away to be alone - which for any of you with parents, you know is priceless. :D

Do you have any specific room numbers that you can google? We always get a balcony, but have never had an obstructed view. Was recently looking at doing that for our upcoming May cruise. Found that most (I think) obstructed balconies have the obstructions just at the floor level (so you can't see the water), but some had the lifeboat right in front of them so there was almost no view. :eek: I think these weren't the norm, but I was especially worried about them.

For us, we really like looking down at the water, so we upgraded to a regular balcony. But, as long as it wasn't one of those majorly obstructed ones I mentioned, if this is the only way I would get a balcony, I'd still do it. But it would depend on your cruising habits. If you don't spend much time in your room, save your money and use it for something else. We have a toddler and it's like doubling our space and gives me a place to get away to be alone - which for any of you with parents, you know is priceless. :D

Only Spirit class has obstructed balconys. Inspiration the OP mentioned, does not have any balcony categorys.

Firefly - You are correct. I was looking at a Suite Stateroom w/ob on the Verandah floor. I guess I do not know what the difference between them were.

Could you help explain what the suite stateroom with OB really is like? Can you still see the water? Stuff like that?

I think an inside is just really easier for me to pick, but i want to move up and out?

The obstructed suites on verandah deck on Inspiration have a very narrow balcony (as do all Cat. 11) and the lifeboat is right there blocking your view. Of the six obstructed cabins, those in the center on each side will be totally obstructed. Looking down, you might see deck. Those on either side you might be able to eer around the edge of the lifeboat.

766658498307_0_ALB.jpg

466658498307_0_ALB.jpg

EM

Archived