Update on Statendam Dry-Docking

Aim1

The ship has been delayed leaving Freeport due to some issues with one of the prop shafts. I'm not technical so don't really understand what it all means, but here are some of the messages my other half has sent me explaining what's been going on:

we leave tomorrow now. They've fooked up putting shaft back in twice!

oh and if the cruise forum people are wondering, delay is because they put the shafts bushings on wrong way round and had to cut them back off, then wait for replacements which came today. Then they fitted shaft, then rudder, then realised they couldn't fit prop so had to take rudder back off.

Last gangway is 9am, so should be leaving early afternoon at latest. Will still be into ft lauderdale on time they say, we'll have to see. Won't be doing any sea trials though.

I wouldn't worry about them not doing seatrials, it's not like the Rotterdam when she had a big new section added to the stern, so the structure of the ship hasn't changed therefore they don't really need to trial anything.

He sent me another message saying they will still be into Fort Lauderdale on time even with this delay, so if anyone's on the first cruise, don't panic! :D

I hope you guys and girls find this interesting :o

Further delays due to issues with the prop, they will now be leaving at midnight (Freeport time) tonight and should be arriving back in Fort Lauderdale at about 6am Sunday morning.

Archived