Which is the nicest hotel in Fort Lauderdale?

minner80

We are sailing in November and have never sailed out of Fort Lauderdale. Please help me find the perfect hotel. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary, so price is not an issue. I do not want to do Priceline, as I want to make sure it is the BEST hotel. Please suggest some!!!!

Miner 80,

We just booked on Priceline this morning for a 4 star, Ft. Lauderdale beach, for 11/4/05 and bid $135 and got the Hyatt Pier 66.

We thought we were going to get another hotel but we hope we will like this one. Ours is a garden/marina room with balcony or patio...maybe we can get them to switch us to a tower.

Doone,

Did you try any of the restaurants?

Thanks,

Debbie

Its been a while since I have stayed at this hotel, but when I did stay there we thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, we ventured out and took a walk, forget where we ate, but it was a very good restuarant on the water, we ate outside and watched the boats sail by. It was very nice. We did, however, have breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel the next morning, found it very expensive, but hey, we were on vacation. You can always get on the water taxi and for $5 per person ride it all day long. I am not sure where it picks you up at the Hyatt, but I am sure someone here can tell you. Go to Olas Blvd. where they have alot of shopping and eating areas that are more reasonable than the hotel.

Enjoy your stay at the Hyatt.

Check out the Westin Diplomat Resort in Hollywood. Get an oceanview room. It's one of the best hotel rooms I have stayed in. They have what they call the heavenly bed and the heavenly bath. It's about 10 minutes from the port.

If you are interested in the Hyatt Pier 66 or Marriott Harbor Beach, don't rule out Priceline. For a while now the Pierr 66 is the only 4 star being awardedin the downtown area and the Marriott Harbor Beach is the only resort being awarded in the Beach area. If you bid on either 4 star-downtown or resort-beach you are practically assured of getting those hotels if your bid is accepted. While Priceline hotels are subject to change without notice, I've been following the 'bids accepted' boards from about late September to early January and these are the only hotels awarded at those star levels in those areas. I won the Hyatt early this month for a stay on March 10 for $95--a fantastic rate in high season!

The Hyatt Pier 66 is 4* located in the Fort Lauderdale Beach zone not Downtown Fort Lauderdale when you bid on Priceline.

We bid this past summer for Downtown Fort Lauderdale 4*and were successful in obtaining the Renaissance... would definitely stay there again.

Emmy

The very best hotels in Ft. Lauderdale are the Marriott Harbor Beach or the Lago Mar. Both are directly on the ocean with great pool areas. A new hotel has also opened called The Atlantic-it is a starwood property,located across the street from the beach, and rooms can be expensive ($400 to $500 range). If you don't want to be dissappointed, stay at one of these. I go to FLL about 2ce a year,for the last 35 years and have tried most of the hotels there.

Is the Marriotts Beach Place Towers on the water taxi route? The price seems to good. The rooms look large with a nice whirlpool tub. Can someone that has stayed here help with location, since I have never been to Fort Lauderdale before. Thanks for all your help!

Marriott Beach Place Towers is a timeshare that was built about 12-15 years ago. It is a highrise building with the Beach Place Mall directly in front of it. Beach Place Mall is an outdoor Mall across the street from the beach, and has a variety of stores, restaurants and bars. The pool area is nothing special. To access the beach you would have to walk thru the Mall,and cross the street. It is a close walk to the water taxi route. Its a nice enough place to stay, but does not have that "resort feel". The Marriott Harbor Beach is just a short walk to the water taxi also. Lago Mar has great 1 bedroom suites for a very reasonable price. It is a little more secluded, and you would probably want a car if you stay there. (lagomar.com)

I have been checking out the priceline site for fll and it will only let you bid on one room as far as I can see. In faq they say to call the hotel directly if you want more than 1 room so how did some of you bid more than 1 room and get the same hotel. Dont see a way to bid 2 rooms. Any help?

setsail ~

you can bid on up to 4 rooms per bid. Just went to Priceline and typed in the city and dates and right below the dates there is a drop down arrow '# of rooms'

I have on more than 1 occasion bid and was successful for more than 1 room at the same hotel.

Hope this helps :)

Emmy

I don't know if I would say that the Harbour Beach Marriott is the nicest hotel down there. We stayed there post-cruise, and while the grounds were very nice, the rooms were rather dowdy. From what I've heard, I would think that the Westin would be nicer, although it's a bit further. Before the cruise, we stayed at the Renaissance, which was pretty much brand new and very comfortable - probably the closest hotel to the pier. But, it's more of a "business" type hotel as opposed to a resort, so it depends on what you're looking for.

If there's a Ritz-Carlton opening, then that should definitely be the nicest of the bunch.:)

The Westin Diplomat is hands down one of the newest, "Best" hotels, but the original poster said Ft Lauderdale. The Westin is on Hallandale Beach in Hollywood, a mere 15 minute ride to Port Everglades and a 20 minute ride to Ft Lauderdale Beach. Its not too far from South Beach either, approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic. ;)

http://www.diplomatresort.com/Hotel_Information/Directions.aqf

Here's a link to their live cam:

http://www.diplomatresort.com/Public/index.asp?page_ID=699

Thanks Emmy, never used pl before and I just overlooked that and the site had 1 room listed. I think I have the hang of it now. Thanks for the reply.

You are most welcome! Good Luck

Emmy

The Hyatt Pier 66 is 4* located in the Fort Lauderdale Beach zone not Downtown Fort Lauderdale when you bid on Priceline.

Thanks for the correction. I must have spaced out since winning my bid!

To the OP: Have you checked out TripAdvisor.com for reviews? I've found them to be a great source for info on hotels. They offer user reviews and links to other sources to learn about each hotel. Right now their top 5 FLL hotels are Marriott Harbor Beach Resort, Sheraton Yankee Trader, The Pillars at New River Sound, Tropi Rock Resort, and the Riverside Hotel.

The Pillars is a very nice hotel on the intercoastal,and worth consideration. It is convenient to Las Olas Blvd., and the water taxi. No way is the Trader or Tropi Rock even close to the best hotels in FLL. It makes me wonder about trip advisor sometimes. The Westin Diplomat is nice, but the beach area is very narrow, and gets shaded by the hotel. Another fun place to stay is the new Seminole Hard Rock Hotel if you don't care about being on the water. Their pool area is awesome, and rooms are luxurious. Just request a room overlooking the pool area, some have balconies. The others would be overlooking the parking lot and highway.We just stayed there is Nov. for 2 nts., and although we prefer to be on the water, we had a great time there.

No way is the Trader or Tropi Rock even close to the best hotels in FLL. It makes me wonder about trip advisor sometimes.

Just like with CruiseCritic message boards, you have to do a bit of analyzing to understand what you are reading. You can't take anything on any website at face value, you have to dig a bit deeper. For example, a hotel can rank high on TripAdvisor whether it has a large number of reviews or a small number. Customer reviews are highly subjective. Obviously, the higher the number of reviews, the more likely it is that the data may be correct.

The ranking of the top five Fort Lauderdale hotels on TripAdvisor is not intended to mean they are the best hotels. Rankings are not based on stars, they are based on customer experience at each hotel. These are the hotels that customers say gave them a great experience. You shouldn't go to TripAdvisor to find a hotel. The hotels are not arranged by star or price or location, and those are the things that most use to determine where to stay. TripAdvisor should be used after one has created a list of hotels that meet their needs. After reading the reviews and links to other info about each hotel on TripAdvisor, you will have a good idea of the pros and cons of each as well as how satisfied past customers were with their stays. So now that the OP of this thread has an idea of which are the best hotels, she can go to TripAdvisor to get more info to help her make a decision.

Tripadvisor is not in business to provide reviews, Tripadvisor is in business to sell travel. Since commissions from some outlets are better then others you will tend to see better reviews from them. Tripadvisor has no way of keeping competing hotels, restaurants etc from posting negatives from each other, nor do they have any way of keeping them from posting positives about themselves as well. With that said, I wouldn't even waste my time with Tripadvisor. You want genuine, honest, objective reviews, look no further they are right here. ;)

last december we stayed at the harbor beach pre-cruise. our view was amazing. to the left was the beach (which is immaculate),directly below was the pool (amazing), and to the right was a bay. just beyond the bay is the pier so you see all the ships. admittedly, the room was a typical standard hotel room. we had a balcony WITH THAT VIEW!!! i'm certain there are nicer rooms. it is a 5 minute walk to the water taxi that takes you up and down the intercoastal. the truth is....while sitting on their beach....you can imagine that you're on any island. happy anniversary

Archived