A Surprise in the Planning.....

A group of us are going on Brilliance in July to celebrate one friends 50th Birthday but he doesn't know we are going. All the planning has been done with his wife behind his back.

This will be the second time we have surprised this particular person. He was "over the moon" the first time but swore we'd never be able to do it again to him :p. He asked us all come on this cruise with him but we all said we couldn't due to other commitments.

The whole group will be onboard before they arrive at the ship so we were wondering if you think the cabin steward would let us into their stateroom so we can decoarte it and do the whole "surprise" - jumping out of bathrooms, balconies, closets etc.

Opinions and other surprise ideas are most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Judi

What I would suggest is asking his wife to drop RCCL an email and request this as it's not likely that a steward would allow anyone other than the occupant of the room in. Alternatively, if they head for the WindJammer after boarding and she disappears to the bathroom she could pass you her key......

Sounds like a lot of fun :D

What if...instead of decorating the cabin...you had his wife take him somewhere where all of you could surprise him. Like she takes him to eat and one by one you keep joining him at the table? I'm sure someone will have a good idea. This trip sounds so fun...I wish I had friends that would surprise me like this!

No, he doesn't do Cruise Critic and we have a private message going on Facebook for discussions on "all things to do with the surprise". Oh, the lengths we are going to!

All these "white lies" will be worth it :D.

We have surprised friends onboard a cruise but it was the couple not just one half. We told them we were going to Greece for a vacation but we were on our way to Florida before them. They were absolutely gobsmacked when we jumped out at them on the ship. I found out which travel agent they booked with and had the TA link our reservations so we were on the same table for dining and also for them to keep it a secret which they did.

I love surprises and we had a great cruise with our friends

We are surprising two couples on our next cruise on 19th April, or at least we hope we are, one couple are very infrequent visitors to CC so we hope they haven't seen my postings on the roll call;):D.

Have a wonderful time surprising your friend:), he is bound to say "what are you doing here ? " !!???!!!

What I would suggest is asking his wife to drop RCCL an email and request this as it's not likely that a steward would allow anyone other than the occupant of the room in. Alternatively, if they head for the WindJammer after boarding and she disappears to the bathroom she could pass you her key......

Sounds like a lot of fun :D

I agree with the friends getting room key from wife while eating in the windjammer. Thats sounds like so much fun. I hope you post back here afterwards.

I agree with the friends getting room key from wife while eating in the windjammer. Thats sounds like so much fun. I hope you post back here afterwards.

Sounds like a plan! I will definitely post back for sure.

Judi

Archived