How do I get from Marco Polo airport to ship terminal

twopeas

We deal with these kind of questions on the port/Italy board, but will also post the solution right here. To get from the airport to the cruise terminal you should simply take a regular land taxi (they are parked just outside the terminal) since he quickest and cheapest route is by land (the port is accessible by land taxi). We are not sure of the current fare but is should not be much more then 30 Euros (for the entire taxi).

Hank

Is it best to go by vaporetto, water taxi, or taxi? Just where is the terminal. I am familiar with Venice, and i have seen many cruise ships docked near the Giardini..is that it?

Thanks..

tHANK YOU

Just what i needed to know. What is the other board to which you referred. where is it?

The vapaoretto does not go to the port, rather to the Piazzale Roma. It is then a 20 minute walk from there to the ship. You can take a taxi from there. When I was there in Sept. 08, the taxi cost about 10 Euros.

The land taxi from the airport is much more practical and saves you from hauling your luggage on the vaporetto.

Terri

We are not sure of the current fare but is should not be much more then 30 Euros (for the entire taxi).
Current info says 45 to 50 Euro (depending on traffic) plus tip. Still, that's half the cost of HAL transfers for two people.

The vapaoretto does not go to the port, rather to the Piazzale Roma. It is then a 20 minute walk from there to the ship. You can take a taxi from there. When I was there in Sept. 08, the taxi cost about 10 Euros.

The land taxi from the airport is much more practical and saves you from hauling your luggage on the vaporetto.

Terri

There is now (since last month) a People Mover that will take you from P.le Roma to Trancetto Island for 1 Euro. There is a mid-way station at the Maritime Terminal, but it isn't clear to me from anything I've read whether the mid-way stop is operational yet. If not, as you said, you can take a taxi from P.le Roma to the ship for about 10 Euro.

If you have the time and want to save a bunch of money you can take the ATVO Express Coach (aka the Fly Bus) for three Euro pp from the airport to P.le Roma. This is a coach where the luggage goes underneath, not a city bus.

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35

They run every 1/2 hour most of the day, less often early or late

http://www.atvo.it/images_doc/linee/Venezia-Marco_Polo_(dal_28.03_al_30.10.2010).pdf

Are there any advantages to buying the transfer as opposed to the land taxi?
None that I can think of. The HAL transfers are $79/person each direction, while a taxi will cost you 45 or 50 Euro (about $75) plus tip each direction for two or three people.

Archived