To get to Paris from Southhampton would I have to go back to London?

stipmom

Or can I take a train from Southhampton?

if you want to go by train, it will be

Train: Southampton Central to London Waterloo

transfer (subway): to St Pancras Station

Train: St Pancras to Paris

or;

the easiest is fly, SOU/Southampton to CDG or ORY airports in Paris, flights by both Air France and FlyBE

As Scotbee's answer, you'd need a train to London & catch the Eurostar train from there, or fly Southampton/Paris

One other option is the train to Portsmouth (30mins), bus/taxi transfer to ferryport, ferry to Le Havre (3.5 to 6hrs), train to Paris (2hrs).

Probably cheapest, certainly the most leisurely - but probably too leisurely.;)

JB

Check http://www.flybe.com and fly.

The cheapest ticket is 36 GBP from Southampton to Paris.

Regards

HeinBloed

Like all no-frills carriers, be wary about Flybe ticket prices. You can get a one-way for under £18. Except that you can't.

Not as blatant as Ryanair's £1 seats which, including fees & taxes, fuel surcharges, check-in charges, luggage charges, transaction charges ad infinitum (all charged per person each way), end up costing more like £100.

But run through a dummy booking to see how add-ons mount up. On average Flybe Southampton to Paris costs around £70 to £90 one-way.

The alternative, Air France, tends to be silly money.

JB

Thanks for the replys. I have never been to Paris but I'll save it for another time. Last year we spent five days in London after our cruise. We loved London and had hoped to come back some day. Will probably just add on some days in London.

Thanks for the replys. I have never been to Paris but I'll save it for another time. Last year we spent five days in London after our cruise. We loved London and had hoped to come back some day. Will probably just add on some days in London.

It's much more easier to do a day trip from Paris by EUROSTAR train then doing Southampton - Paris - London.

Regards

HeinBloed

the easiest is fly, SOU/Southampton to CDG or ORY airports in Paris, flights by both Air France and FlyBE
Although one problem is that the timetables are not geared towards passengers disembarking from cruises, so you can waste a lot of time waiting for the next flight.

Archived