booking a cruise while cruising

mmawco

Hi guys-On past cruises that I have been on I believe that there is someone on board who will book future cruises for you. Is there any perks to booking while you are on board? I've only walked by and never talked to anyone but I didn't know if I should consider stopping and chatting with them. Just wondering if there were any advantages to booking it while cruising. Thanks so much!

Melissa

On some ships you can purchase a future cruise certificate to save money on your next cruise.

However I see no advantage to booking a cruise while cruising. If anything might have less time to investigate what you might want to do in the future. They offer no other savings to do this.

On some ships you can purchase a future cruise certificate to save money on your next cruise.

However I see no advantage to booking a cruise while cruising. If anything might have less time to investigate what you might want to do in the future. They offer no other savings to do this.

Thanks for responding. Yes I already have the next one picked out but I have always used a TA and didn't know if it would benifit me to do it while on board. Thanks again!

OBC is the benefit, if your cruise has a FCC desk (not all ships have them yet).

$50 for a 5 day, $75 for a 6 day, $100 for a 7 day, up to $200 OBC.

With the FCC you get the obc if you buy the certificate while on the ship.

But what do you get by booking another cruise while on the ship.

With the FCC you get the obc if you buy the certificate while on the ship.

But what do you get by booking another cruise while on the ship.

Why else would I book on the ship if I wasnt also using a FCC??

The advantage of booking on the ship with a FCC over buying it to bring home is you get two friends and family certs to bring home for two other cabins.

I suspect the OP is talking about FCCs, even if you are saying they didnt mention it...

I don't want to distract from the OP's question as I would like to see the answer too, but would like to ask a couple of questions about FCCs purchased while on the ship.

How many can you buy and can more than one be used when booking a cruise after returning home?

Thanks for responding. Yes I already have the next one picked out but I have always used a TA and didn't know if it would benifit me to do it while on board. Thanks again!

Well the nice thing is you can have your TA take over the booking once you get back home. You just have to request a transfer or fill out the form and then send it back to them with your TA's office informaiton.

Usually the benefit is a reduced cruise deposit plus OBC (on board credit)

Also if anything changes with your plans you can move the money to another cruise.

I don't think there is any limit on how many you can buy. We bought four the first time and three the second. Only one certificate can be used per cabin. These are not combinable with military or interline rates. They can be used with early saver, resident, past guest, senior rates and with the shareholder credit.

I just bought a couple certificates on the Splendor and the guy there said he sold 42 of them to one guy! Since they are good for 5 years and refundable if you don't use them, why not! I wish I had bought a couple more.

Well the nice thing is you can have your TA take over the booking once you get back home. You just have to request a transfer or fill out the form and then send it back to them with your TA's office informaiton.

I think I will talk to my TA before we leave and let her know what my plans are. I have never received OBC so that would be a plus.

Thanks all for your input. I am learning alot from this website.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I will talk to my TA before we leave and let her know what my plans are. I have never received OBC so that would be a plus.

Thanks all for your input. I am learning alot from this website.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise and Happy Anniversary!

Archived