Playa Mia VS Paradise Beach

Rmunson72906

Hi everyone,

We will be in cozumel during our last stop on our Freedom of the seas cruise. We were looking for something fun to do preferably something that had to do with the beach. so far it's a toss up between Paradise Beach and Playa Mia. However the playa mia website is and has been for some time under construction so i can't look at the site and review the prices. Any opinions on which place is better? do they both have all inclusive options? What one has more activities and do they cater to different age groups? also if anyone has a great site for playa mia please let me know.

Thanks,

Rachel

Im sorry that I cant make comparisons. I have not been to Paradise beach, but on my last cruise, October 2009, I booked a tour to Playa Mia through Carnival. I know most seasoned cruisers dont book through the cruise line. Anyway, I can only give you my opinion of Playa Mia. It is the only beach excursion I have done in Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel a few times before and only ever shopped in the downtown area. So last October we chose to go the beach for a change.

We did enjoy our day at Playa Mia. Our ship bought excursion included transportation to Playa Mia, lounge chairs on the beach and an umbrella. Also included unlimited drinks of margaritas, pina coladas, rum punch and beer. A buffet lunch was included and consisted of a few salad bar offerings, as well as rice, very nice fish, and grilled chicken, beans, and fresh tortilla chips, with a very good pico de gallo.

The beach was ok, but the swimming area was lovely, you could go out really far, and still be up to your shoulders. Water was beautiful and so clear last October, you could see your feet on the sand below. The staff at Playa Mia were very nice, couldnt get enough for you or do enough for you. ( I did tip per drinks of course, and our waiter was ever present ), Washrooms were very clean.

I know you are on another cruiseline, but we booked through our cruise line Carnival, and I forget the exact amount, but I think it was about 85 dollars per person, including transportation, beach chairs, umbrella, unlimited drinks ( that were very potent ) and decent buffet lunch and clean facilities. No kids with us, but the ones we saw were having a blast climbing one of those big inflated white climbing thingies. Lots of floats and air mattresses and kayaks available, ( I think were inclued in the price ).

I have heard that Paradise beach which is close by is also very nice, so someone else may be able to provide details on it. Hope this helps.:)

Edited by sparky8

We were at Paradise Beach in March. It is a $13 taxi ride from the International Pier. No entrance fee. It is not an AI. Pay as you go for food and drinks. $12 wristband includes all water toys, snorkeling, kayaks, water floats if interested. There are several lounge chairs with and without shade. They had a large menu. Nice sandy beach and water area (a few rocky areas in front of where we entered the water but not bad - didn't walk the beach area). The restrooms were clean.

• 4 years later...

We are going to Cozumel in 3 weeks and are a large group (24) of varying ages (kids 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16), and adults 30s and 40s. We are torn between Playa Mia and Paradise Beach. Like the " a la carte" idea with Paradise Beach but worried it doesn't have as many activities for the younger ones (3-5). Any recent visitors that can chime in? Thanks in advance!

We are going to Cozumel in 3 weeks and are a large group (24) of varying ages (kids 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16), and adults 30s and 40s. We are torn between Playa Mia and Paradise Beach. Like the " a la carte" idea with Paradise Beach but worried it doesn't have as many activities for the younger ones (3-5). Any recent visitors that can chime in? Thanks in advance!

We love PB (great facilities and a HUGE pool!) but with your group the kiddie water park would push us to Play Mia.

Love Paradise Beach for an affordable beach day in Cozumel. No entry fee, but they expect you to spend a minimum of $10 per person on food & beverage. Order a yard of your favorite frozen cocktail or non-alcoholic smoothie and you are set.

Chair rental is $2, or you can buy the all inclusive wristband for $12. This includes snorkeling gear, kayaks, inflatable slides, rock wall, water trampolines, etc. They also have an awesome pool comparable to what you would see at a 4-5 star beachfront resort. The facilities are spotless. I can't say enough good things about the place.