What are your "MUST HAVES" on a cruise?

Jaymee287

We leave in 56 days, and we're curious........What are some of the things you can't leave your house without for a cruise (besides the obivious LOL)?

Things suggested to leave at home, don't need to waste suitcase space?

What are things you HAVE to do on the ship?

We will be on the Legend, for a 7 day Western Caribbean :)

If you have any suggestions or tips for first time cruisers, your more than welcome to post them as well!

Jaymee, Bridget, & Kristina

The Legend is awesome. You must take a stroll in the enchanted forrest hallway. its so cool.

I always overpack, so like others said, try not to take too much and if you forget the small stuff like a brush or toothbrush, you can get that onboard in the shop.

Just make sure you take your documentation to get on board :o)

My I-Pod for lounging around that aft pool aboard "Legend", while the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) soaks up the sun. I sit in the shade, listen to GREAT music with the I-Pod, and enjoy the "view". (An occasional side trip to the 24X7 frozen yogurt/ice cream machine is in order as well.) ;) Main thing, is to just relax, enjoy the stressless atmosphere, and think about whether you're going to have steak, or lobster in the main dining room for dinner. Oh Wait,,,I just remembered,,,you can have BOTH! :D

"SKY"

We are so excited we don't know what to do with ourselves! I've packed my suitcase and unpacked it and re-arranged and this and that..........Constantly checking Carnival for price drops we've gotten 2 and recently we upgraded from the Riviera Deck interior to the Upper Deck obsturcted for $3.33 per person (total of 3 girls)! We google pictures, and watch youtube videos........It's going to be a long 56 days!:(

Hi, there!

For me, aside from the usual stuff, I need to bring my workout gloves (since I'm a gymrat) and my laptop (since I'm a writer). Definitely hoping my wife gets me a iPad for Christmas ... just in time for our cruise aboard the Freedom!

As far as requirements for the ship itself, unless the ship has ALL of the following features, I'll keep looking:

- A good gym

- Serenity deck

- Adults-only pool area

- Balcony staterooms

- Steakhouse

If I could have EVERYTHING I want in a ship, it would also have:

- A forward-facing observation lounge

- A promenade deck that goes ALL the way around the ship

- MDR Restaurant access that doesn't require going up and down crazy routes to get there.

- Beds as comfortable as Carnival's

- Non-smoking guests on either side of my balcony!

One can dream ...

CoolCruiserNC

#1. My Meds....:eek::eek::eek::eek:!!! LOL.

#2. Cash ( Lots of 1 dollar US bills ) and credit cards.

#3. 1 very thick book to read during my week, and maybe another one.

#4. Also a good attidude, as someone else suggested. It should be probably be listed as #1.

My must haves once on board. At least one DOD per day. Dinner in the MDR. Continental breakfast by room service, on early port days, and day of debarkation:( And I just decided today, that next cruise, I must try a hotdog at the grill. Many more of course, I could go on and on.:)

I always take laundry sacks, so you don't mix the dirty with the clean. Also a small travel clock you can sit on the counter. Small bills like ones and fives, cause everywhere you go, its tips tips and more tips...

I also take one of those softsoap pump bottles, i know they provide soap free, but I find it better since you wash your hands so often on a cruise that a quik pump is fast and easy.

But most importantly, relax and take it easy...:cool:

We leave in 56 days, and we're curious........What are some of the things you can't leave your house without for a cruise (besides the obivious LOL)?

Things suggested to leave at home, don't need to waste suitcase space?

What are things you HAVE to do on the ship?

We will be on the Legend, for a 7 day Western Caribbean :)

If you have any suggestions or tips for first time cruisers, your more than welcome to post them as well!

Jaymee, Bridget, & Kristina

To bring:

X-tra hangars. I bring 5 each for me and hubby, the metal ones. There never seems to be enough

two cameras, one for me, one for hubby, plus a waterproof one

X-tra pair of glasses, in case I break mine

$50 worth of $1 bills, for tips

A few zip lock baggies, for shells, sea glass, etc.

all my notes on each port, that I have carefully organized, because of my obsessive planning

Unbridled enthusiasm for our upcoming adventures

To leave home:

lots of outfit "matching" shoes

1/2 the clothes I think I'll need

address book.........I never wind up sending any postcards

To do onboard:

Catch a couple of sunrises

Try to be on deck for each port's sailaway (St. Thomas is my favorite)

Go to all the main shows

Try new foods at the Dining Room

Two things I have found that I can't cruise without....a power strip (there just aren't enough plugs in the room) and a small travel fan (I can't sleep in still air).

Oh yeah...and a drink in my hand & a good attitiude. I'm on vacation! :)

Archived